Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Gotta let Fitz know his boards.ie account has been hacked.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

Fitz II wrote: »
    Got this in the post today about 75 euro although others on here found it cheaper. I have to say I am absolutely blown away by this watch. This blows so many watches up to about 350 euro out of the water. Flabbergasted.

SNIP

More interested in a review of the IPA in the background of your photo !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

kop-end wrote: »
    More interested in a review of the IPA in the background of your photo !!! :)

I will tell you in a couple more cans, dont want to jump to any rush decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Would you mind letting me know the model number Fitz? Many thanks

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Decoda wrote: »
    Would you mind letting me know the model number Fitz? Many thanks

D.

Casio Duro MDV106-1A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Got this in the post today about 75 euro although others on here found it cheaper. I have to say I am absolutely blown away by this watch. This blows so many watches up to about 350 euro out of the water. Flabbergasted.

I once had one but sold it here. It was a bit too big for my taste but as you say a quality watch for the money. Casio get so much right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Gotta let Fitz know his boards.ie account has been hacked.:D

I know, I almost fell out of my chair when I read his post. He could be trolling us though...

Flubber it's Casio Duro MDV106-1A as per post no: 2256.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

SNIP

What is this model, looks great?

Its a Duro MDV106-1A. Dont get me wrong its not a great watch. But if you want a ok looking watch, thats durable, waterproof, comfortable and cheap then look no further. It kinda makes cheap automatic watches look stupid, I would wear it over any steinhart and its hommage vibes are far less on the nose and honestly it a better watch than a SKX or seiko 5, thinner and wears better. Its far superior to the vostock I got too

Its a Duro MDV106-1A. Dont get me wrong its not a great watch. But if you want a ok looking watch, thats durable, waterproof, comfortable and cheap then look no further. It kinda makes cheap automatic watches look stupid, I would wear it over any steinhart and its hommage vibes are far less on the nose and honestly it a better watch than a SKX or seiko 5, thinner and wears better. Its far superior to the vostock I got too

I just looks great to be able to wear something everyday while working from home, I wear my Omega PO most of the time and getting sick of smacking it off the glass table.
    I do like the Seiko 5 though, and have had an eye on one of them...but this may be a suitable everyday'er...

Any links of sites to purchase?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I just looks great to be able to wear something everyday while working from home, I wear my Omega PO most of the time and getting sick of smacking it off the glass table.
    I do like the Seiko 5 though, and have had an eye on one of them...but this may be a suitable everyday'er...

Any links of sites to purchase?
    Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-MDV106-1AV-Analog-Watch-Black/dp/B009KYJAJY

Ah now if you have a PO wear that, dont waste the finite remaining wrist days of your life wearing a Duro. :D

Thanks, I had thought it may somewhere more specific... Amazon will do fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭redlead

I'd be interested to see you do a comparison video of the SKX (which I believe you have) , the Vostok and the Casio as those three kind of cover the cheap divers people look at; well three of the more popular ones anyway. I'd like to see your take because you aren't a sh1tter fanboy like most reviewers of these watches are. What's good, what's acceptable and what's bad etc for someone used to wearing better watches.

I know what this thread needs, more pics of our watches.

SRPE053 on blue leather.

553594.JPG

redlead wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see you do a comparison video of the SKX (which I believe you have) , the Vostok and the Casio as those three kind of cover the cheap divers people look at; well three of the more popular ones anyway. I'd like to see your take because you aren't a sh1tter fanboy like most reviewers of these watches are. What's good, what's acceptable and what's bad etc for someone used to wearing better watches.

Might to the Vostock, the Duro and the SKX in one vid as the heavy hitters of the affordable space.

For you CT a pic of my today watch

PXL-20210520-095931830.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Simplicity at its best. I have been considering rolling this upwards in the ALS range. May a rose gold 1815 chrono or similar. Hoping to get a trip to the UK at some point this year that might allow some hands on time with a few options.

9134-F96-F-845-E-4432-BE8-A-A417-D2735-C7-E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭banie01

893bet wrote: »
    Simplicity at its best. I have been considering rolling this upwards in the ALS range. May a rose gold 1815 chrono or similar. Hoping to get a trip to the UK at some point this year that might allow some hands on time with a few options.

Having had hands on with that beauty I can certainly see why you'd stay with AL&S.
    It is honestly the most perfect watch I've yet had the pleasure to handle, and going PM with it can only add to its appeal IMO.

The one thing from that watch that I'll get close to, is an ostrich strap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

893bet wrote: »
    Simplicity at its best. I have been considering rolling this upwards in the ALS range. May a rose gold 1815 chrono or similar. Hoping to get a trip to the UK at some point this year that might allow some hands on time with a few options. SNIP

Of all the watches I’ve seen posted here this has always been my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Question for those of you who purchased straps from Barton; how long did it take for your straps to reach you? I purchased two, about 3-4 weeks back. And they still haven't arrived. According to the (very irregular) tracking updates, they were supposed to have left the US over two weeks ago. Now, I understand that Covid is impacting on delivery times. But even so, two and a half weeks after leaving America, and they're still not here. It's poor, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

blueser wrote: »
    Question for those of you who purchased straps from Barton; how long did it take for your straps to reach you? I purchased two, about 3-4 weeks back. And they still haven't arrived. According to the (very irregular) tracking updates, they were supposed to have left the US over two weeks ago. Now, I understand that Covid is impacting on delivery times. But even so, two and a half weeks after leaving America, and they're still not here. It's poor, in my opinion.

I've had a good few from them. I'd imagine they should be landing pretty soon going by my previous experience. I know from relations in the US that postage can be pretty hit and miss, Barton are consistently slow with deliveries though. If you want Barton stuff quicker, get it from Amazon, a bit dearer, but you'll have it in about 4 days max.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭Homer

*** Paging Sparrowcar.. customer query in aisle 3***

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kostal2093

qR15d10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭redlead

I ordered a few Barton back in November and it took about three weeks. I received incorrect straps so they sent new ones out free of charge which they must have paid for express delivery on because I got them within days. Mind you they still only sent half of the correct stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

If I get any more of the Barton straps, I'll go via Amazon. This has been an underwhelming experience.

Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical.

Background is from 'LIFE, the Classic Collection' Photo by Larry Burrows taken 1966. Burrows himself died when the helicopter he was on was shot down over Laos in 1971.

553672.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I love that Hamilton CT, I must pick one up.
    How do you find it?

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I love that Hamilton CT, I must pick one up.
    How do you find it?

I find it keeps good time (+4/day so far at least) and is very light on the wrist. The power reserve has a definite stop point after about 100 turns and lasts about three days which is handy. I like the no-date but that's just my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I find it keeps good time (+4/day so far at least) and is very light on the wrist. The power reserve has a definite stop point after about 100 turns and lasts about three days which is handy. I like the no-date but that's just my preference.

I got the automatic and date one a few months ago. It has that red tip on the seconds hand.
    Its my favorite watch at the moment. Just a classic design and you know if things got rough then it would be up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭893bet

Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical.

Background is from 'LIFE, the Classic Collection' Photo by Larry Burrows taken 1966. Burrows himself died when the helicopter he was on was shot down over Laos in 1971.

attachment.php?attachmentid

I didn’t realise you were in the Army. No other reason for anyone to have a field watch ;)

Advertisement