Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Have wanted to print off some vintage Seiko catalog's/ Advertising and put them on the wall, finally got around to it today :)

Just went with one catalog for now, featuring two from my collection ( 4006-6020 and the gold 4005-7000, first two top row)

Also got this printed as a reminder of a great trip!

Thinking of getting this old advertising printed out next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Fitz II

No my proudest w.ank, but F it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,631 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My '013' arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Sorry S, only seeing this now, site is a mess.

I fkin love this watch. It is beautifully big and hefty, and so, so well put together. Everything is just so precise, from the lovely angular case to the tight 120 click bezel with a gorgeous matt ceramic coating. I haven't tested accuracy yet, but it doesn't seem to have lost anything since I put it on. My only regret is that they didn't supply an SS bracelet, as I'm still not sure I'm a fan of rubber, but overall it's the best buy I've made in a long time and is now my full-time daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

A simple quartz Seiko today. Nothing remarkable about the watch but has sentimental value.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Beautiful. Have missed a few due to inaction on my part

Wasn't mad keen on the original Seiko rubber strap it came with, so have switched it over to a Bond NATO I had lying in a drawer.

And a cheapo Chinese strap arrived this week for my cheapo Casio, just to give it a more casual look than the supplied bracelet.

Getting the grass cut before the next rain shower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭micks_address

This arrived today

replaces my spb149 …sla043

• Registered Users Posts: 16,769 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Up in Athlone today visiting the In-laws. Had a lovely lunch in The Fatted Calf, really enjoyed that.

Then whilst the better half was shopping with her Mam and getting the victuals in 😉 I rediscovered the macro mode on my phone and had a little play.

Home and messing with a lightbox.

TF makes this look so easy!🤔

Bloody love this watch 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

As I said earlier I'm just not a fan of rubber straps, just don't like the feel, so I ordered a 'beads of rice' type steel bracelet for the Leviathan from esprit-nato which arrived today. I'm suitably impressed;

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I brought the Datejust for a spin on the M50.

This is something I used to do many years ago as a PhD student to supplement my meagre (£7,500) scholarship. I still keep my hand in every year doing a few trips (family business), even though my day job is far different.

Anybody name that camion?

(I've totally lost track of the watches forums since the new website - obviously I must need to sign up for notifications etc. again.)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Looks like you will be watching a good bit of time pass by on the rolex before you get anywhere in that traffic.

Depressing stuff!

It was last week and an accident at the N4/6 slip road delayed me for about 30 minutes. But yes, it's OK for a day/week/trip at a time, but glad I don't have to sit in Irish traffic for a living.

Post edited by fulladapipes on

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not many truck drivers sporting a Rolex 😂

Nice camion. A Scania, what model?

I remember the traffic that day with an accident on the N4 exit ramp (southbound), thankfully I was travelling the other way and I made my way home via the backroads rather than sit in that!

Not many truck drivers sporting a Rolex is right...but some of the guys the lads deliver (plant and machinery) to most certainly do. Definitely a case of where's there's muck, there's brass.

It's a Scania S580. Left hand drive as bought in the Netherlands (as mucho €€€€ cheaper than right hand drive).

• Advertisement

Last week it was something from the 1970s, this week we're heading back to the 1930s! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Still ticking quite well for a 2006 2531.8000, have been looking to add a new watch to the collection (of one) but with an upcoming wedding it's looking likely this will be my wedding watch. Must get a service and polish up for the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Seamaster is a very solid wedding watch, wish my wedding watch was that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mailforkev

You'd join me in the dubious company illustrious group of wedding Seamaster wearers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,608 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My humble collection (so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I enjoy this watch way more than I expected that I would! Photos don't do it justice.

Sinn's are bloody addictive 😂

It's a lovely one, and well worn 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ah, I never meant to sound condescending towards it as a wedding watch, more purely that I've been following some vintage watch / grey market dealers on Instagram and they've putting up some nice tasty Calatrava's, OP's and such. Part of me was hoping to squeeze one of them into the wedding budget but considering nearly every cent is watched like a hawk I don't think I could get it passed the CFO 😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭micks_address

They are two class Hamiltons - both have been on my radar - both stellar (inter) choices

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I really need to fix the date mechanism on this.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement