Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv channels from multiple sources

• 24-10-2020 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

In my parents house, they have a tv in 3 rooms. There set up is saorview, FTA and now tv (for entertainment pass and randomly the sports and movies pass). My mum finds it hard to switch between the boxes etc.
    Is there a way I could link everything to one box just to simplify things?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Maz2016 wrote: »
    In my parents house, they have a tv in 3 rooms. There set up is saorview, FTA and now tv (for entertainment pass and randomly the sports and movies pass). My mum finds it hard to switch between the boxes etc.
    Is there a way I could link everything to one box just to simplify things?

No

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

No,

But you could buy a Logitech remote to control all boxes with one remote.

That would help, Its just a quick press of one button and the now TV starts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

afatbollix wrote: »
    No,

But you could buy a Logitech remote to control all boxes with one remote.

That would help, Its just a quick press of one button and the now TV starts etc.

Oh that in itself would make a huge difference. Thanks for that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you are going to go down the route of a universal remote, you'd want to have something written up so they know where they are with it. I've tried simplifying things for myself using one, but it confused the hell out of my ma. Knowing what remote uses what device isn't something that's easy to get out of.

It should be possible to get something to do freeview and saorview once you have a set top box that can use different tuners. But you won't get something that'll wrap all 3 into the same package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

If you are going to go down the route of a universal remote, you'd want to have something written up so they know where they are with it. I've tried simplifying things for myself using one, but it confused the hell out of my ma. Knowing what remote uses what device isn't something that's easy to get out of.

It should be possible to get something to do freeview and saorview once you have a set top box that can use different tuners. But you won't get something that'll wrap all 3 into the same package.

Thanks for that. I was thinking that alright. Something like sky would be handier I guess but some days she might only watch an hour or so of tv so really worth it. My dad would be happy out flicking away Thanks guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement