Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a new build in Limerick

• 25-10-2020 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all. Looking at buying a new build in Ros mor, semi detached 4 bed which is scheduled to finish construction in July 2021 for 280K. I feel like this is expensive but I feel like this is the standard for new builds these days. Does anyone have any information about the area. Is this a nice area? We are a young couple with a one year old boy. Would be our first house and looking to avail of the hep to buy. Also does anyone have any experience with the HTB?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Hi all. Looking at buying a new build in Ros mor, semi detached 4 bed which is scheduled to finish construction in July 2021 for 280K. I feel like this is expensive but I feel like this is the standard for new builds these days. Does anyone have any information about the area. Is this a nice area? We are a young couple with a one year old boy. Would be our first house and looking to avail of the hep to buy. Also does anyone have any experience with the HTB?

its not especially expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Price seems ok but I wouldnt be buying a new build semi d in Limerick county for 285k

Nice to have your own 4 walls with young kids, sound insulation in those new builds are crap and god knows who will be next door, 20% of estates are social houses now

Limerick is so small i'd go 10-15 mins out and get a detached 2nd if it was me, your not far from Tipp border definitely more value there

285k will get some house a bit out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Not a great side of town, reflected in the relatively cheap pricing... 280k is definitely not expensive for a new 4 bed in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ajaxcron

Could you please expand on the "Not a great side of town" part? I'm about to pay a deposit on a 4 bed there and any advice would be appreciated? Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

There's nothing wrong with that part of town. I assume that previous poster was referring to the proximity to South Hill and the halting site next to it. I've lived a bit further in the road from Ros Mor, so closer to said area, for the last 16 years without any issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement