Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE player now working

• 25-10-2020 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭

Anyone else experiencing problems with RTE player not working. I'm based in ROI so it shouldn't be any geolocation issue.

When I click "Watch now/play episode" nothing happens. I have tired multiple different browsers Edge, Firefox and Chrome which are all on the latest version and none seem to work. I also tired on different operating systems, windows 10 and Mac.

I have tired in a private window with all plugins/addons disabled and still no luck. Weird thing is it works fine on my android phone using the app on the same internet connection.

When I select live TV it says "You're watching <TV Show>"

below is a video of the issue on chrome. No addons or plugins are installed on this chrome.

https://imgur.com/Nxsd3Ki
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Got excited when I saw thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭dmc17

Got excited when I saw thread title.

Finally! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭grimeire

Haha sorry lads. I should of proof read.

ah so it doesnt work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

It has been unreliable since it was launched - on various devices and platforms. I have given up on it long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭grimeire

Ger Roe wrote: »
    It has been unreliable since it was launched - on various devices and platforms. I have given up on it long ago.

Thanks for confirming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I caught up on a programme on rte player last night using a bog standard Panasonic smart t.v.- have to say no issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Ger Roe wrote: »

In fairness it plays the adverts perfectly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Do they hire an outside company to make the rte player app or did they do it themselves in house?
    It's a terrible terrible job and whoever did it should be ashamed. There are so many complaints about it yet nothing is done to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Works ok for me on my phone but the version on my Sony Android TV only works for one session and then crashes. I have to delete cache and data to get it working again.

It's never fooking working.

I thought that there was some big breakthrough when I saw the thread title.

It suits them not to have it working to force more people to use tv's in the hope of licence dough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

https://blog.roku.com/rte-player-now-available-on-the-roku-platform-in-ireland

he vast world of entertainment for Roku fans in Ireland is expanding – RTÉ Player, the on-demand service provided by Irish broadcaster RTÉ, is officially available on Roku streaming devices in Ireland!

Does it now work on Roku ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭decor58

clerk wrote: »
    https://blog.roku.com/rte-player-now-available-on-the-roku-platform-in-ireland

he vast world of entertainment for Roku fans in Ireland is expanding – RTÉ Player, the on-demand service provided by Irish broadcaster RTÉ, is officially available on Roku streaming devices in Ireland!

Does it now work on Roku ?

Cant say about Roku, but works fine for me on a Nowtv stick, made by Roku.

Advertisement