Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Again

Options
  • 25-10-2020 6:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

I got a warning for calling a dart player who was caught trying to cheat on his then pregnant wife "Vile".

I was told name calling was against the rules, but others in the very same thread who called players even worse were not warned ?
    Other celebrities, sport stars and politicians like Trump have been called the same or worse and nothing is even said or done.

Why is it for one person to label a dart player a c*nt and nothing done and when I call a person on telly "vile" I get the warning.

its complete double standards.
    Here is the message I got of the mod.
    followed by my reply to him....mod has not responded since.
    It is like there is an agenda here constantly....rules should be applied equally.

Screenshot-2020-10-25-boards-ie-You-have-received-a-warning.png

Screenshot-2020-10-25-boards-ie-Re-You-have-received-a-warning.png

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As it's over 2 days since your PM to the mod I will alert the Sports CMods to this appeal

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I will look into this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

thank you

I got a warning for calling a dart player who was caught trying to cheat on his then pregnant wife "Vile".

I was told name calling was against the rules, but others in the very same thread who called players even worse were not warned ?
    Other celebrities, sport stars and politicians like Trump have been called the same or worse and nothing is even said or done.

Why is it for one person to label a dart player a c*nt and nothing done and when I call a person on telly "vile" I get the warning.

its complete double standards.
    Here is the message I got of the mod.
    followed by my reply to him....mod has not responded since.
    It is like there is an agenda here constantly....rules should be applied equally.

Screenshot-2020-10-25-boards-ie-You-have-received-a-warning.png

Screenshot-2020-10-25-boards-ie-Re-You-have-received-a-warning.png

Can you send me a link to the post where a player was called a c*nt?

I could spend the week here posting links to where people were called names and nothing was done about it.

I have been called, a homphobe, a racist, a hypocrite etc across multiple threads and not a single one of them got a warning, In fact as mentioned in this very section a mod called me a troll in a private message which I objected to and was rightfully over turned. did that mod get a warning ? Course not

The point is if my warning is not being removed, then fair enough, apply the rules equally.
    why is it ok for some to name call and not ok for others ? This is my issue.

I have no intention of ratting out the member who said c*nt as I like him, and am not a rat and was using that as an example of the double standards. I would rather inform the member to cover his ass, than see a friend get a warning also, for what most of the board do on a regular basis to politicans, sport stars, tv personalities..etc

as i said if you cannot call a former world champion who tried to cheat on his pregnant wife "vile" but people can name call me and nothing is done, then yes the double standards annoy me,

Look at the abuse aimed at trump, are those members getting warning for name calling for example ?

consistency is all I ask.

• Advertisement

Apologies on the delay on this.

In this case, I will agree to overturn the card.

thank you.

on a final note, the mod who gave me said undeserved warning , and never answered my pm, posted this today, in response to me.

I am curious, why are people in the public eye, like ex world champions are not allowed be spoken of, when their activities were in the newspapers ?

is this a board rule that newspapers articles can not be discussed, or just that mods personal opinion.

Thanks again AWEC

Screenshot-2020-10-27-PDC-World-Cup-of-Darts-2020-Nov-6-8.png

The forum charter is not up for discussion here, but I will say that it clearly calls out that personal abuse is not allowed. In this instance, you just about stayed on the right side of the line, so I agreed to overturn your card.

Do not take this as particular outcome as an endorsement of anything else.

cheers

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement