Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY SOS

• 25-10-2020 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭

What an inspiring programme. Would be great to see more of these programmes thank Bannon’s rubbish

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I agree, such positivity.
    It's amazing what can be done when people come together rather than pulling against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭maximo31

That was one of the saddest most uplifting shows I have ever watched. Michael's death was still so raw for the family. Great job done by the workers. House looked unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Absolutely beautiful job done on the house and such a lovely family. No justice in the world when someone so young dies.
    That program knocked any of the Dermot Bannon ones out of the park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Saw the trailers and promo whats the background do they fund raise or is it low income

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Great television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Baz gone up in my estimations - he actually made me laugh and cry last night !
    Well done to all involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Some job a family with nothing to a house in a short length of time shows what can be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

BBC has been doing this for years...
    Started out as helping terrible DIY nightmares etc but then turned to this type where they help out those in dire need.

Hopefully it gets a change going and those that really need help get it.

Great idea and long may it last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Whilst I find some of the shows he has done hit or miss, Baz generally comes across as a decent bloke, caught the end of this the other night so didn’t see the before but it was a cracking house at the end. I don’t be keen on too many RTÉ remakes of English shows but this looks decent enough and like it’s being done in a proper scale.

Would rte have paid BBC for rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Would rte have paid BBC for rights.

Well someone might be a company that owns the rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I was involved in the finale coming up this weekend, extremely proud, wonderful family. :)

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Anyone watching tonight?

I was bawling one minute in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

Anyone watching tonight?

I was bawling one minute in.

We all have our crosses to bear, but that family have had unimaginable struggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I love the way she asked "do we take off our shoes?"

I would have liked to see more of the finish, it seemed very rushed at the end but it was gorgeous.

The little fella searching for the washing machine was such an "ah bless him" moment.

May they have many happy years together in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭jos28

VonVix wrote: »
    I was involved in the finale coming up this weekend, extremely proud, wonderful family. :)

Fair play to you, you are right to feel proud. This programme can be tough to watch but it's so uplifting. Amazing to see such positivity and generosity especially in these difficult time. Baz is definitely the only man to present it. Major kudos to everyone involved.

3 episode and that's it?
    Is it down to covid a d will it actually be more when things are back to normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Ah the ****ing washing machine near killed me

Congratulations to anyone involved in this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

I’m in bits after tonight’s programme, what a fantastic family, so delighted for them in their new home. Baz is brilliant & so good with the family but having the craic at the same time. Fair play to all those volunteers, just amazing what they achieved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Advertisement

I guess it's a new episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,286 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Baz Ashmawy has released a touching tribute to DIY SOS favourite Johnny Aylward who passed away following a battle with motor neurone disease.

Johnny touched the hearts and minds of the nation after appearing on the RTÉ show in April 2022, with more than half a million people tuning in to watch the Aylward family's story, Dublin Live reported.

Johnny became a fan favourite as they transformed a plot of land on the Wexford Kilkenny border to a dream home.

RIP

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/baz-ashmawy-tribute-to-friend-29463929

Advertisement