Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One-For-All Vouchers

Options
  • 25-10-2020 10:42pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the right part of Boards to ask, Mods would you mind moving this if it isn't, please?

Last year I was given a €100 One-For-All voucher for Christmas. I haven't had a chance to use it until recently when I wanted to spend it towards a laptop I got online. Turns out that since January the maximum you can spend online using one of those vouchers is €50, I'm not sure why or even if it was only a thing for Currys (although they didn't make it sound that way). Now I'm afraid it'll expire or that money will be docked off it. Does anyone know is there a way of extending it or to spend it online, even if in installments? I doubt I'll get anywhere near a shop before the end of L5 and I would seldom spend that much in one grocery shop.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

New Home wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if this is the right part of Boards to ask, Mods would you mind moving this if it isn't, please?

Last year I was given a €100 One-For-All voucher for Christmas. I haven't had a chance to use it until recently when I wanted to spend it towards a laptop I got online. Turns out that since January the maximum you can spend online using one of those vouchers is €50, I'm not sure why or even if it was only a thing for Currys (although they didn't make it sound that way). Now I'm afraid it'll expire or that money will be docked off it. Does anyone know is there a way of extending it or to spend it online, even if in installments? I doubt I'll get anywhere near a shop before the end of L5 and I would seldom spend that much in one grocery shop.

Thanks.

You don't have to use it all in the one go, you can use it in a few grocer visits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

You don’t need to use it all in one go either online or in a shop.

I used to use mine in M&S but haven’t been in one since March.

Have you checked the issue date to confirm exactly when the year is up?

The EUR 50 limit is not Currys specific. It is pretty annoying though. I ended up having to split my order on Arnotts website and pay multiple postage to use the card.

They start charging a monthly fee after a year, can’t remember the amount check their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

There is an EU wide limit of €50 for online purchases on gift cards where customer details are not required.

Applies to all gift cards and all issuers.

Problem with online is you cannot put €50 on one payment type and the balance on another, so it's a case of physical use or find items under €50
    Argos still accept them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

We bought a tv from powercity during last lockdown and used €100 one4all towards it. But we rang them and paid balance with debit card over the phone (click and collect) and brought the one4all card with us when collecting. Might be a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

tscul32 wrote: »
    We bought a tv from powercity during last lockdown and used €100 one4all towards it. But we rang them and paid balance with debit card over the phone (click and collect) and brought the one4all card with us when collecting. Might be a solution.

If a shop sells gift vouchers, buy a €50 gv, then a 2nd one.
    I had a €20 one for all, so got a shop voucher, and when that arrived, purchased what I wanted and I was about to use the gv and pay the balance with debit card

• Advertisement
Advertisement