Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Are there any deals fro Prime memberships?

None yet , see my post a few pages back, another poster mentioned it might not be wise to get a yearly sub because of brexit. I might just go for a monthly one for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Looks like a deal is being agreed, Michael barnier is on his way to London to sort out the fish debate
    Need to save out amazon lol

Definitely. Much more important than that other Amazon which claims to be the lungs of the earth. The imposter . :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

It's a present for an older person with poor eyesight who would like to be able to make and receive calls on it as well as having internet access.

Even a smartphone screen is too small to use without straining.

Echoes of Dom Joly using a mobile phone about that!

That echo dot with 2 philips hue bulbs is a good deal. Echo dot v3 for £18.99 or v4 for £28.99 and 2 white hue equivalents for a tenner extra. These hues are 60watt equivalent and dont need a hub, using zigbee and bluetooth connectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

alias no.9 wrote: »
    No Amazon sellers will ship a lithium ion battery pack to ROI or NI

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/love-m-e-charge-me-20000mah-2-1a-portable-power-bank-silver.html

20,000mAH, fast charge capable and ships to Ireland for a shade under £13

Irish version for €11.50

https://www.mymemory.ie/love-m-e-charge-me-20000mah-2-1a-portable-power-bank-silver.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

brightkane wrote: »
    Sometimes firesticks are available from curry's or Argos for not much more then Amazon when you factor in exchange rate and parcel motel

I see they selling a 1080p one in Argos for 30 quid... which is same as amazon once ya do convert to pound so might do that . The 4K ability is lost for most if not all of what I usually watch

Edit: just realize this was pointed out afew pages ago

20,000 mah??? As if!! Not a chance in a €11.50 power bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Just picked up an alexa show 5.5 and a ring stick up battery camera (outdoor) for £74.99 which I thought was relatively decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

There was an ad on Ch4 just now for Amazon Black Friday "week" 20th - 30th November.

There's a count down on Amazon to midnight saying Black Friday ends. So does Black Friday sale keep going but it's a psychological panic countdown? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just picked up an alexa show 5.5 and a ring stick up battery camera (outdoor) for £74.99 which I thought was relatively decent.
    Thanks. Picked that up too.

Ideal as Ring Door Cam wasn't compatible with door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Wheety wrote: »
    There was an ad on Ch4 just now for Amazon Black Friday "week" 20th - 30th November.

There's a count down on Amazon to midnight saying Black Friday ends. So does Black Friday sale keep going but it's a psychological panic countdown? :D

They usually switch to the "Cyber Monday" title at Midnight.

brainiac wrote: »
    They usually switch to the "Cyber Monday" title at Midnight.

Haven't even bought anything this year. Will be the same stuff for Cyber Monday too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

been disappointing to be honest....................................

Amazon own stuff, like tablets, echo stuff etc (probably made for a couple of bucks each anyway) are really all that got a useful reduction... However some are not as well reduced as on Prime Day..

Haven't even bought anything this year. Will be the same stuff for Cyber Monday too :rolleyes:
    My best buy this year:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009PKZKNS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_PVyWFbSDPEAS2

12 x 145g (typically over €2 each) for £4.83

Bought a lot this week but not all on Amazon:
    - Thermos 6 Bag Cooler for a tenner on Warehouse Deals
    - Flir One to get to the bottom of some draughts for under €200.
    - LG 65 BX OLED with Free LG TONE F4 Wireless Headphones - €1749 from Richersounds
    - Blacks Brewery - 48 Beers (Various styles - IPA, Stout etc) for €77. Bought this before other half presented me with a Craft Central Advent Calendar. Liver's gonna have a rough month.
    - Few bits (boxers, jumpers etc) on Boohoo. €25 or so.
    - 36 x Fever Tree Cans for about €15. Decent saving!
    - 7 vinyls from Amazon.de (decent 3 for 2 last week) for under €100.
    - Various present
    - Oh and the Echo Show / Ring bundle above for €80.

So yeah, card took a hammering this week!

Basq wrote: »
    - Thermos 6 Bag Cooler for a tenner on Warehouse Deals
    - Flir One to get to the bottom of some draughts for under €200.
    - LG 65 BX OLED with Free LG TONE F4 Wireless Headphones - €1749 from Richersounds
    - Blacks Brewery - 48 Beers (Various styles - IPA, Stout etc) for €77. Bought this before other half presented me with a Craft Central Advent Calendar. Liver's gonna have a rough month.
    - Few bits (boxers, jumpers etc) on Boohoo. €25 or so.
    - 36 x Fever Tree Cans for about €15. Decent saving!
    - 7 vinyls from Amazon.de (decent 3 for 2 last week).
    - Various present
    - Oh and the Echo Show / Ring bundle above for €80.

And a Paaarrteridge in a Peeaaar Treeeeee!!!

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    And a Paaarrteridge in a Peeaaar Treeeeee!!!
    Unfortunately, my card limit maxed on that purchase..

So their countdown was just to remind us when actual Black Friday was finishing, not the "sale". The banner has now changed to Black Friday Week and the offers are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

took a chance and picked them too....hopefully be good enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

So their countdown was just to remind us when actual Black Friday was finishing, not the "sale". The banner has now changed to Black Friday Week and the offers are the same.

That is until it changes to a countdown for Cyber Monday before that changes to a countdown until the end of Cyber Monday which changes back to a countdown for Black Friday Week :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DJCZQ74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_WEGWFbW97CDVF

Iegeek security camera. I have one of these and it works fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

brightkane wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DJCZQ74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_WEGWFbW97CDVF

Iegeek security camera. I have one of these and it works fantastic.

They have been cheaper

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07DJCZQ74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

everlast75 wrote: »

It's 29.51 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

20,000 mah??? As if!! Not a chance in a €11.50 power bank.

I would have considered MyMemory a reliable source. Anything I ever bought there has always been ok. Price is (supposedly) less than half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

I could have bought truck loads of stuff on sale that I didn’t need.

Of the stuff I wanted I had a list for presents for my self (from my wife), presents for her, and for a variety of children. Ten different stores. Only two of the items were on “sale” and they are way over priced anyway and regularly on sale.

Seems to be getting worse and worse each year. Unless you are in the market for Amazon devices then the “sale” is just another day on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Any good deals on mobile phones on 100-150 range? My old moto g6 charging port is loose and scrren slightly cracked so looking for an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I see the Tassimo My way 2 coffee machine is still £60. No change from black Friday.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Cancel it and order the big boy

Says usually dispatched in 1-2 months though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Cancel it and order the big boy

Very tempted, but I've limited counter space with everything else, how big is this in comparison with say an instant pot?
    Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Says usually dispatched in 1-2 months though.

Giving me Dec 17th delivery date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Amazon own stuff, like tablets, echo stuff etc (probably made for a couple of bucks each anyway) are really all that got a useful reduction... However some are not as well reduced as on Prime Day..

The paperwhite was noticeable by its absence. Bought one on prime day for £80 down from 120. No reduction for black Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Hey,

Anyone know which Alexa is better? Amazon All-new Echo Dot (4th generation), Smart Speaker with Alexa or AMAZON Echo Dot (2018)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hey,

Anyone know which Alexa is better? Amazon All-new Echo Dot (4th generation), Smart Speaker with Alexa or AMAZON Echo Dot (2018)?

I have both and prefer the 3rd generation by a mile. The 4th generation is ugly and the light being on the base means it's harder to see if it picked up your voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Caranica wrote: »
    I have both and prefer the 3rd generation by a mile. The 4th generation is ugly and the light being on the base means it's harder to see if it picked up your voice
    I think the internals are pretty similar marginally larger speaker on the new ones. It's just that the new spherical ones just look odd to me so I ordered a couple of the older ones - at £18 it was hard to pass up . Won't be here till January though! :(

Great thanks. I had it in my head to order the 3rd to be honest. I think it looks nicer and doesn't stand out as much but don't have much knowledge of either so wanted a second opinion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

So do we reckon Cyber Monday will have any drops?

Need two Hue GU10s which typically didn't discover I needed until this morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

OU812 wrote: »

I've had great results with innr gu10 bulbs in my hue setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

OU812 wrote: »

White ambience twin pack still on offer at €29.07 if that’s any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Picked up a few small bits but no real ámazing bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Impressed. I bought 5 items in 4 separate orders on Thursday (some deals, some not) as present inspiration hit me in waves :D Having prime means not worrying about delivery costs. Felt guilty that they'd send 5 separate packages but actually they amalgamated them into two. Hilariously the two books I ordered together arrived one in each package!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Impressed. I bought 5 items in 4 separate orders on Thursday (some deals, some not) as present inspiration hit me in waves :D Having prime means not worrying about delivery costs. Felt guilty that they'd send 5 separate packages but actually they amalgamated them into two. Hilariously the two books I ordered together arrived one in each package!

I ordered 6 packs of warehouse batteries at a fiver each. They all came separately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I did an order for 6 items on Thursday. So far 5 of the items have arrived in 4 separate packages!

• I ordered three identical key rings in one order. They were sent separately. And of course it didn't ship to Ireland so I used Parcel Wizard and had to pay three times..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077ZFCZT3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_07MWFbXDE71AF

Philip's XXL airfryer now £199. Lowest I've seen it. Not delivered til Jan though but I'm in no panic with it. Have one of these already great machine

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

it was posted earlier today with deliveries coming out next week for a few of us
    hope you don't get a hard brexit tax banged on top

Oops sorry I wasnt on all day.. fingers crossed i dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

horgan_p wrote: »
    I've had great results with innr gu10 bulbs in my hue setup

Interesting. Do they work directly in the Hue app, or is anything additional required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭iHungry

Took a punt on this watch box. Reduced to £1.72 with a 60% off voucher applied at checkout.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085ZR48D1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_pxNWFb2N7YB4R

^ Jaysus.. any other items available with 60% of at checkout?

Hey,

Reviews say the v4 has marginally better sound quality and a faster chip inside so that Alexa will get her arse in gear faster if you like yer gals to respond more quickly to yer every command... She wont hang on yer wall though, her hips have spread out considerably and she wont fit in as tight a space as her 3rd gen body allows her to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Took a punt too , thanks
    iHungry wrote: »
    Took a punt on this watch box. Reduced to £1.72 with a 60% off voucher applied at checkout.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085ZR48D1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_pxNWFb2N7YB4R

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement