Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,183 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ahh but surely someone could consider buying locally - i would be surprised if Currys didn't go to €1,500. For a couple of quid would you not want to buy local at this tough time for business and have local support at the same time?

I say that as a happy customer of Richer Sounds and Amazon. And I'd still get from them if the saving was significant, but I'd try to buy local, especially for this difference.

No where down here gives a 6 year warranty. It's not jus about price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

No where down here gives a 6 year warranty. It's not jus about price

They all do. It's part of your consumer rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭jimbobmalones

No they don't - I'm just off the phone earlier about a three yr old
    Lg TV which has a bad led and its not covered.

If someone can tell me where I'm entitled to a 6 year warranty I'd be delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Enough chat please folks, back to the bargains, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Waiting on a large dehumidifier c. 20L/day

Any recommendation for a quiet machine to look out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Up to 33% off Fitbit Charge 4 and Inspire HR today

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/deal/f04c3f8e/ref=gbps_rlm___f04c3f8e?showVariations=true&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Standard Charge 4 for £99.99
    Inspire HR 1 for £59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

Prepare for big electricity bills !! Do u mind me asking is it for a older house to combat damp ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Blade wrote: »
    Enough chat please folks, back to the bargains, thanks!

Just requoting this in case anyone is tempted to get into a discussion about humidity and electricity usage of dehumidifiers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

rgfuller wrote: »
    Up to 33% off Fitbit Charge 4 and Inspire HR today

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/deal/f04c3f8e/ref=gbps_rlm___f04c3f8e?showVariations=true&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Standard Charge 4 for £99.99
    Inspire 1 for £59.99

I got the inspire 1 a month ago for a tenner less than that. The Charge 4 is a deal though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Monokne wrote: »
    I got the inspire 1 a month ago for a tenner less than that. The Charge 4 is a deal though :)

I rechecked, it's the Inspire HR, seems like the Inspire 1 and Inspire HR are now replaced by the Inspire 2, naming conventions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Monokne wrote: »

Really, the missus wanted the Fitbit Inspire 2 but is this better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Irish Kev wrote: »
    Really, the missus wanted the Fitbit Inspire 2 but is this better?

The 2 tracks your heart rate more closely. Other than that, for most functional purpose they're the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭tscul32

Also it's been sold by a third party seller on Amazon and there is an additional delivery charge. Definitely take the B&M route.

Curious, what does "the B&M route" mean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Bricks and Mortar. A physical shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

Iso dashcam if anyone spots one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

nialldinho wrote: »
    It’s the same price on richersounds.ie and they do a 6 year warranty. Check out their boards forum

Powercity have it for 1499 also - in store only. bought one a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Good tv?
    Harvey Norman have it for 1449
    walshy123 wrote: »
    Powercity have it for 1499 also - in store only. bought one a few weeks back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭a clanger

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Good tv?
    Harvey Norman have it for 1449

Pretty sure Richersounds will price match and throw in the 6 year warranty ! Ask on their FORUM !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

a clanger wrote: »
    Pretty sure Richersounds will price match and throw in the 6 year warranty ! Ask on their FORUM!

I don't get the obsession with people wanting to send people to Northern Ireland to get tv's if they can get the same one here for same price!
    6 year guarantee seemingly everywhere.
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    They all do. It's part of your consumer rights.

Is it that the guarantee they offer goes beyond the consumer rights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

My tv developed lines after 4 years, not that bad but enough to annoy me. Richer sounds sent out a brand new tv as a replacement. I'm not sure if other stores would have such fantastic service

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

They’re brilliant to deal with to be fair, and they ship very quickly
    Del007 wrote: »
    My tv developed lines after 4 years, not that bad but enough to annoy me. Richer sounds sent out a brand new tv as a replacement. I'm not sure if other stores would have such fantastic service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Think I read on their site somewhere that if what you’re buying doesn’t have the 6 year guarantee included, you can buy it as an extra. And if you don’t use it in the 6 years, they’ll refund you the cost of the insurance!

If that’s right, and not something I dreamt, it’s incredible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Soarer wrote: »
    Think I read on their site somewhere that if what you’re buying doesn’t have the 6 year guarantee included, you can buy it as an extra. And if you don’t use it in the 6 years, they’ll refund you the cost of the insurance!

Think most Samsung tvs have a 5 year extended warranty once you register within 90 days of purchase, think its similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭StonedRaider

Really bad experience after dealing with a local electrical shop(washing machine) and Curry's (49' telly) with warranty issues ( both items under 10months old). I just went with richer sounds and Harvey Norman after reading and hearing good reviews. We'll see what their customer service is like when problems arise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

All the crying over buying local ffs. If you want to feel all warm inside thinking your keeping someone in a job fire away. I think most people will go where they get the best offer and service and the likes of Richer Sounds will give you that!

Sure where in Bargain Alerts right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

All the crying over buying local ffs. If you want to feel all warm inside thinking your keeping someone in a job fire away. I think most people will go where they get the best offer and service and the likes of Richer Sounds will give you that!

Sure where in Bargain Alerts right ?

Very true. I'd be all for shopping local if I could get the same range of stuff, at in or around the same pricing, and delivered as quickly as I can from places like Amazon

But in my experience, most local places don't do any of these well unfortunately and I don't see why I should pay a premium, and deal with more delays, or have to settle for something not quite what I wanted just to "support your local business"

Businesses here need o really step up their game - particularly online if they've to have any chance of retaining or competing for trade going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OmegaGene wrote: »
    need to post this daily it seems

Maybe the bargains available at the moment just aren't that great?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

I don't think they will refund you the insurance :)

I took it out on my marantz receiver

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ytsaeb

Does the Richer 6 year Guarntee come automatically or do u have to sign up online,

i do know if u have an issue after a certain time you would have to drive up the North to get it sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

This is going from the smart plug query thread to the courier chat thread

For queries use DuckDuckGo or google

Where’s the bargains
    All this chat is really ruining the thread
    This thread has got worse it’s like a gossip chat room lol
    I think we should have an amazon bargains no chat thread like Argos

The above is painful and the type of sh!te that ruins threads like this. You're on a discussion forum, if you don't like a bit of chat, then find a different site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

ytsaeb wrote: »
    Does the Richer 6 year Guarntee come automatically or do u have to sign up online,

i do know if u have an issue after a certain time you would have to drive up the North to get it sorted

I didn't have to drive up north, I'm in Cork and they sent someone out to assess the tv and then someone else with the new tv.

I'm sure the 6 year guarantee is automatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The above is painful and the type of sh!te that ruins threads like this. You're on a discussion forum, if you don't like a bit of chat, then find a different site
    Since when did you become a mod of this forum?

The moderators were the ones saying to stop the chat, it’s a bargain alert thread for amazon Black Friday and it’s full of chatter about smart plugs and tv warranty
    Every time a notification comes in I’m expecting a bargain alert

If there's no chat allowed in this thread, can a mod post it up on thread title similar to the Argos bargains so it's clear to everyone. I don't read every single post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ytsaeb wrote: »

It comes automatically on items that are offered with it.

I bought a Sony TV from them back in January and had issues with it during the first lockdown. They still had someone come and collect it for repair. I don't see anywhere in the terms and conditions of their warranty that you have to drive back to them with it after a certain time. The warranty is the same for all 6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If there's no chat allowed in this thread, can a mod post it up on thread title similar to the Argos bargains so it's clear to everyone. I don't read every single post
    As much chat as you want about Amazon Black Friday deals

I cant understand why some people are having difficulty in understanding that.

muffler wrote: »
    As much chat as you want about Amazon Black Friday deals

I cant understand why some people are having difficulty in understanding that.

So chat is allowed as I understand. Why the whinging by some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Do you want to point out where in my previous post I made any comment from a moderator point of you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭blindsider

Could a Mod amend the tile to include CHAT?

It would clarify things.....

• Advertisement

I don't think they will refund you the insurance :)

I took it out on my marantz receiver

Well would you Adam and Eve it!

Really bad experience after dealing with a local electrical shop(washing machine) and Curry's (49' telly) with warranty issues ( both items under 10months old). I just went with richer sounds and Harvey Norman after reading and hearing good reviews. We'll see what their customer service is like when problems arise.

Same.

Bought a surround sound system locally 2 weeks ago.
    Took 2 weeks to arrive, in which time things changed for me and I didn’t want the system anymore.
    Completely unopened, just arrived into the shop, and they wouldn’t take it back off me! Absolutely disgusted with their attitude!

It’s now up on Adverts so I can try get my money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

I'm sure the irony isn't lost on you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Same.

Bought a surround sound system locally 2 weeks ago.
    Took 2 weeks to arrive, in which time things changed for me and I didn’t want the system anymore.
    Completely unopened, just arrived into the shop, and they wouldn’t take it back off me! Absolutely disgusted with their attitude!

It’s now up on Adverts so I can try get my money back.

They wouldn’t take it back off you because you changed your mind and were disgusted by their behaviour?

manster wrote: »
    They wouldn’t take it back off you because you changed your mind and were disgusted by their behaviour?

Yeah.

Buy online, send it back without issue.

Buy local to try help out, no room for manouvre. They're not losing out like by taking it back like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Yeah.

Buy online, send it back without issue.

Buy local to try help out, no room for manouvre. They're not losing out like by taking it back like.

You can send it back online within 14 days as it's the law not because the online companies are doing you a favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

You do not have the right to change your mind if you buy in bricks and mortar. Distance selling laws say you have 14 days to change your mind as you do not get to hold and look at the product when you buy online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah Soarer, if you bought it online off the local electrical shop then you can send it back under distance selling regulations. Customer has to be able to see and hold the product and they've 14 days to send it back if they dont like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Well would you Adam and Eve it!

That's very impressive, couldn't see any B&M store down here doing that.

• Advertisement

You can send it back online within 14 days as it's the law not because the online companies are doing you a favour

Well if local companies are looking to survive/compete, surely they should have some sort of flexibility? Especially for unopened, hadn't even left the shop products.

Obviously I'm asking too much though. Richersounds and Amazon for me in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement