If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV upgrade

Options
  • 26-10-2020 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys,

Hope you're keeping safe!

Looking at upgrading the lounge TV which is currently a six year 55 inch Panasonic. I picked up an 55 inch LG OLED B8 from you for another room about 18 months ago (which is fantastic) so had my eye on the 55 BX6LB or CX5LB as thats within the budget.

Will be mainly used for sports and streaming.

Just wondering if I wanted to go with a bigger screen, what would you recommend/what's available around the budget? Unfortunately I don't think the budget will stretch to a bigger OLED.

Keen to buy but would you recommend that I wait a few weeks?

Thanks

ZoBo

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Zobo,

thanks for the post and apologies for the late response :o..

Once you have an OLED - you know you are spoiled....

I'm really unsure what will happen TV pricing around Black Friday, generally at this stage we would have an inkling where pricing may end up - however there are such huge constraints on TV stock due to Covid 19 that absolutely nothing is firm at the moment - we are just delighted when we see  truck full of TV :D

Saying all that - if you do have a circa £1300- £1400 budget you will get a really super 65" - we coudl squeeze you out a Samsung QE65Q80T which retails at £1499 for £1379 net:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204571-samsung-qe65q80t-new-t-series-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

..but then you have to think - should we stretch to the OLED - the 65BX6 is stunning value if you purchase it in EURO at just 1999€ ( its also £1999!) and that price includes our 6 year guarantee and delivery!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14204-lg-oled65bx6lb-pre-order-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

If you have OLED already you will know the benefits including stunning contrast and that you have to be a little careful of screen burn if you are using them for a prolonged period with static images - but you really do get an amazing PQ in return!

Keep your eye out on the site and we will do our best to keep chipping away at the pricing - but if you spot anything interesting and would like a Boardie spot price - always drop us a line and we will do our best for you..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zobomann

Hi Zobo,

thanks for the post and apologies for the late response :o..

Once you have an OLED - you know you are spoiled....

I'm really unsure what will happen TV pricing around Black Friday, generally at this stage we would have an inkling where pricing may end up - however there are such huge constraints on TV stock due to Covid 19 that absolutely nothing is firm at the moment - we are just delighted when we see  truck full of TV :D

Saying all that - if you do have a circa £1300- £1400 budget you will get a really super 65" - we coudl squeeze you out a Samsung QE65Q80T which retails at £1499 for £1379 net:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204571-samsung-qe65q80t-new-t-series-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1500-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

..but then you have to think - should we stretch to the OLED - the 65BX6 is stunning value if you purchase it in EURO at just 1999€ ( its also £1999!) and that price includes our 6 year guarantee and delivery!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14204-lg-oled65bx6lb-pre-order-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

If you have OLED already you will know the benefits including stunning contrast and that you have to be a little careful of screen burn if you are using them for a prolonged period with static images - but you really do get an amazing PQ in return!

Keep your eye out on the site and we will do our best to keep chipping away at the pricing - but if you spot anything interesting and would like a Boardie spot price - always drop us a line and we will do our best for you..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John

Food for thought. If I was sticking with the 55 inch, I think that it would have been the OLED all the way. Really like the idea of the 65 for sports though and just not sure I can justify the spend (she would probably kill me).

The room is quite bright and the TV is located on a wall opposite a large window, anything that I should be thinking about?

Also can I check are the TVs in stock and what is the leadtime to Dublin?

Hi Zoboman,

if it's the QE65Q80T, stock is tight but it is, just about, available to order at the moment - but if you are not in a rush, there is no drama as there are more stocks arriving over the next few days, so no pressure at our end!

Likewise LG 65 OLED are available at the moment - but the supply chain on the OLED 65 does not look as assured - but agai at the moment we are fine for stock..

Thanks again Zoboman and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Zoboman,

if it's the QE65Q80T, stock is tight but it is, just about, available to order at the moment - but if you are not in a rush, there is no drama as there are more stocks arriving over the next few days, so no pressure at our end!

Likewise LG 65 OLED are available at the moment - but the supply chain on the OLED 65 does not look as assured - but agai at the moment we are fine for stock..

Thanks again Zoboman and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Just wondering as the room is quite bright and the TV is located on a wall opposite a large window, anything that I should be thinking about?

Also assuming if I'm going with the OLED I can order online and if I'm going with the QLED is it through the store? If I was to order now assume that it would be next week for delivery? 

ZOBO,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The only address that we can still deliver to before the end of the week would be Greater Belfast and Greater Dublin - all else at this stage would be early next week.

If you have a bright window directly opposite the TV - the QLED may actually work out better for you as it is brighter and the screen is not as reflective - if you use the comparison tool at rtings.com they actually do interesting comparisons which show reflection qualities for each TV side by-side - just enter the two TV that you are interested in:
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/samsung-q90t-vs-lg-cx/9810/10619?usage=11112&threshold=0.1

Hope that's helpful - as ever drop us a line if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Guys

Just to say thanks as the TV arrived bright and early this morning. Cant wait to get it up and running.

Can I please just check how long the £100 in Richersounds vouchers take to issue as I think the offer ends today?

Cheers

Hi Zoberman,

that price of £1379 was net and does not include any vouchers ( the normal retail is £1499 including vouchers)

If you would like the vouchers as well we are happy to meet you 1/2 way and pop £50 of vouchers onto your account?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Zoberman,

that price of £1379 was net and does not include any vouchers ( the normal retail is £1499 including vouchers)

If you would like the vouchers as well we are happy to meet you 1/2 way and pop £50 of vouchers onto your account?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Been too busy watching the new TV 😂 I wish!

Thought that the price was a Boardie Special!

I think I saw something about matching the price if it changes within 14 days of purchase and I see that the price of the TV has now dropped to £1299? Is that the case?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

zobomann wrote: »
    Hi Zoberman,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Been too busy watching the new TV 😂 I wish!

I think I saw something about matching the price if it changes within 14 days of purchase and I see that the price of the TV has now dropped to £1299? Is that the case?

Thanks
    Hi Zobomann.

If you drop me over your full name and address in a PM then I can check this out for you.

Kenny.

Hi Zoberman,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Thanks
    Hi Zobomann.

If you drop me over your full name and address in a PM then I can check this out for you.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny - PM sent

• Advertisement

Hi Zoberman,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Thanks
    Hi Zobomann.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny - PM sent
    Cheers for the PM Zobomann.

I will look into this ASAP for you.

Things are mental at this end today.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Hey Kenney - tell us boardsies.. what's the best price we're going to see on the Q90T 55"?

Naos wrote: »
    Hey Kenney - tell us boardsies.. what's the best price we're going to see on the Q90T 55"?
    Hi Naos,

I wish I knew! We are never told what price changes will be in advance but we do have our 14 Day Price Promise so if it drops within 14 Days of purchase we can refund the difference if you let us know.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Hi Naos,

I wish I knew! We are never told what price changes will be in advance but we do have our 14 Day Price Promise so if it drops within 14 Days of purchase we can refund the difference if you let us know.

Kind regards

David
    Cheers for the quick response!

14 days is a bit too tight considering it would land just in or around blackfriday/cybermonday!

Pity as I'm in the market for at TV now but I can wait it out if needs be. Is that a 14 day price promise against your own prices? As from what I've seen, other companies price promises don't cover things like a blackfriday sale.

Cheers!

Hi Naos,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers for the quick response!

14 days is a bit too tight considering it would land just in or around blackfriday/cybermonday!

Pity as I'm in the market for at TV now but I can wait it out if needs be. Is that a 14 day price promise against your own prices? As from what I've seen, other companies price promises don't cover things like a blackfriday sale.

Cheers!
    Hi Naos,

Our Price Beat policy is valid for 14 days after purchase as well so if our own price drops on Black Friday or a competitor is offering a lower price including shipping and a 6 Year Guarantee we can refund the difference!

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David

Hi Zoberman,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi guys

Just wondering how can I access the vouchers as I might be looking to pick up a soundbar?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Zoberman,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi guys

Just wondering how can I access the vouchers as I might be looking to pick up a soundbar?

Thanks
    Hi Zobomann.

The Voucher has been added to your account so you would just let us know what you are after and we can call to finalise the order and discount the voucher at our end.

Any questions please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.