Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House Limerick

• 26-10-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi Folks, my wife and I are first time buyers in our late 30's looking to buy a forever home. We have lived in old houses for the last few years so have decided to purchase a new house. We have 2 small kids so cant really take on a project.

Neither of us are from Limerick but have lived here the last year in Dooradoyle.

The two areas are considering are Caislean Nua on the Golf Links Road, Castletroy and Manor Brook, Adare. Can anybody give any information on these estates?

The prices seem to have rocketed lately, Caislean Nua is e475 for a 4 bed detached and Manor Brook is e595 for a 4 bed detached (2078m2).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Im interested in hearing responses to the OP questions also.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mollymac57

Kylemore in Monaleen is a good location with well built, block, mixed type housing. It’s a mature development in a good location. I see they are building what looks like the last of the houses. My daughter and a nephew bought there and it’s a well maintained estate with most houses owner occupied. The developer has a good reputation. Worth a look IMO. http://www.rynodevelopments.ie/kylemore.html
    I have no interest in or relationship with the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

Thanks Mollymac57, I know the estate it looks lovely. I think they are sold out at the moment and are taking names for 2021 houses! Do you have a rough price guide? I know its on daft as POA (which i hate!)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭SeanElec1

Hi Marty, I'm just off golf links road myself. Getting busier all the time with traffic. It seems a lot of money, Did you have a look at the older established estates in the area and factor in 75 k of renovation money. You might get a better house or a better garden or a better location. 2 very tasty renovations in the last few years in Heatherdale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Castletroy seems to be packing in alot of houses alright...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
Advertisement