Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claregalway/Cregboy Vodafone broadband / broadband recommendations?

Options
  • 26-10-2020 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone in the Claregalway/Cregboy area have any recommendations for best and most reasonable broadband available?
    Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Does anyone in the Claregalway/Cregboy area have any recommendations for best and most reasonable broadband available?
    Thanks folks.

If your road is not served by FTTH (Fibre to the home), then I'd recommend Imagine.ie. It is wireless, in that it doesn't use the phone lines, they put a small aerial/mast on your house. They at least 2 transmitters in the Claregalway area so you would get very good coverage/speeds. It is €59 per month though which is a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Check your address on https://nbi.ie/map/ to see if fiber will be available in the next few months, will be a much better option than imagine can ever hope to be, I am biased because I have seen Imagine sell a product not fit for purpose to multiple neighbours of mine in the Cregmore area, 2 weeks of great speeds and then absolute unworkable muck during the day.

If NBI FTTH is available in the January to March 2021 months I would suggest contacting a provider like Airwire, Digiweb, or similar and seeing if you can sign up to regular fiber to the cabinet service and be bumped up to fiber to the home when it is available. I am currently signed up with Digiweb and they said that they will bump me up to FTTH when it is available, I will have to resign a contract but better than being stuck with a wireless provider.

Advertisement