Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makita _ Multitool or Grinder

• 26-10-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭

I fell down a rabbit hole and can't stop...

I have combi drill with a couple of batteries, so it was obvious that I needed a Makita lawn mower to make use of those batteries, so that's on its way...

I'm moving house and have a couple of needs... One being to score a small channel in a path to get power from the house to the shed.... Obviously a grinder would work here, but the multitool would be so much more versatile and I'd potentially get allot more use from it...

Would the multitool be up to the task? I've never used one before. Bearing in mind, that the job in hand is a one off and it wouldn't be a repeated pressure on the tool.

I'm also looking at a jigsaw, so want to keep my costs respectable... Don't want to be investing in too many toys (in the short term)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

No chance a multitool would be any good on a path. Grinder all the way.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Buy the multitool for future use and hire a proper grinder (assuming it's concrete you need that channel in) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

not a hope a multitool would cut a concrete path. a mini grinder will struggle as well but take it slow and it will cut.
    both great tools but not for this job
    hire an angle grinder or consaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

+ consider the extra cost of hiring a diamond cutting disc.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

OP, the days of just cutting a groove in the path for power to the shed are well gone.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/plantmachinery?words=suite :D:D:D:D
    You will need to have it buried in accordance with the regs, between 300 and 650mm IIRC.
    Bring above ground, a lot easier

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

Where are you based?

I'll loan you a chasing machine if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Where are you based?

I'll loan you a chasing machine if you want.

Thank you, I may just take you up on that offer. Allot of moving in and planning to happen before that...

Advertisement