Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different/Unique Design Poker Chips

• 26-10-2020 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new set for home games. One without denominations. I find that poker chips fall into 1 of 3 categories when it comes to their cost and design. Cheap & Crap, Expensive & Crap, Expensive & ok.

I've recently come across some nice designs (Dia de los muertos/Tiki sets as an example) and wondering if anyone has had any experience with them or other unique chip sets. They seem to be different to the usual 'dice' style sets that are always either blank/boring or way too busy. ()

The best looking chips I've seen, in my opinion, are for a game called Pandante (deluxe 2nd edition). I've no interest in the game itself but the chips themselves were designed by an actual designer, not by somebody with folders full of poker clip art. But to get a full set of these for a house game isn't cheap!

I don't understand why there is so little in the way of design options. Why do the majority of chips have some naff design on them. I get that the surface real estate is tight and they are 'poker' chips, so there will likely be gambling related imagery but there is little in the way of of a break from the norm regarding design/style. Ideally something minimal.

Do you have a favourite poker chip? What weight are they? Are they super naff and some form of Bullets, AK, ALL IN, dice gamble bonanza?
    chips.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg

Advertisement