Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Horner Bike cleaning video.....Derailleur hanger??

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just a chain keeper.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/?s=Chain+keeper

Various versions there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Cheers.

I might have a spare one of you're local

Stillorgan.
    Thanks for the offer.

Wait!!....:D

Think I've actually made one. Good ol YouTube.
    Spare skewer. Big washers and looking for an empty spool. Should be OK.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Planet X wrote: »
    Wait!!....:D

Think I've actually made one. Good ol YouTube.
    Spare skewer. Big washers and looking for an empty spool. Should be OK.
    Thanks.

Your wife's thread should do it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

I'd also like to say thanks. Had one of these and a master link pliers ready to buy from Ali Express for a tenner delivered.

Ended up buying the from wiggle instead. 6 quid more, but at least I'll get them this week, rather than 3 months time, so thanks for the push op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have one, exactly like Horner's. It's a Pedros.
    Obviously, I'll have to throw it away now.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I have one, exactly like Horner's. It's a Pedros.
    Obviously, I'll have to throw it away now.

But it will inexplicably improve the older it gets?

cletus wrote: »
    I'd also like to say thanks. Had one of these and a master link pliers ready to buy from Ali Express for a tenner delivered.

Ended up buying the from wiggle instead. 6 quid more, but at least I'll get them this week, rather than 3 months time, so thanks for the push op

Jeeezzz......I have a master link pliers in my basket up at ChainR.. Snap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I cringed several times watching that video. What a sloppy back to front way to clean a bike. And he could have handled the wheels a bit more gently.

For the record, I found my spare chain keeper, however it's missing the nut, to keep it on properly. it's the one below I believe. Free to a good home (5k from Glasnevin) but will be heading into work in D4 at least once a week.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/morgan-blue-chain-keeper

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I cringed several times watching that video. What a sloppy back to front way to clean a bike. And he could have handled the wheels a bit more gently.
    He just fecked them onto the grass. How could you do that? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

He just fecked them onto the grass. How could you do that? :confused:
    I suppose it comes with having someone else paying for your wheels for 30 years.

Weepsie wrote: »
    For the record, I found my spare chain keeper, however it's missing the nut, to keep it on properly. it's the one below I believe. Free to a good home (5k from Glasnevin) but will be heading into work in D4 at least once a week.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/morgan-blue-chain-keeper

Thanks Weepsie for upcycling that. It'll be put to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Paddigol

What did you make of his drivetrain cleaning routine? Squirt wax lube as effective/ clean as he makes out?

Anyone else use that kind of wax lube instead of standard oil-based lubes?

I've almost zero interest in going to the bother of deep-cleaning chains and hot-waxing every time I clean the drivetrain. I do like to keep mine in shiny, smooth running order though.

Advertisement