Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel for large parcels?

• 26-10-2020 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm planning on ordering a vacuum cleaner online from the UK and am wondering if there's a parcel motel equivalent that will deliver something that large (preferably to my house).
    I thought DHL had a service that would give me an NI address but I can't find it or remember the name of it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭alias no.9

colly10 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm planning on ordering a vacuum cleaner online from the UK and am wondering if there's a parcel motel equivalent that will deliver something that large (preferably to my house).
    I thought DHL had a service that would give me an NI address but I can't find it or remember the name of it

Large ParcelMotel parcels can be collected from Nightline Depots or delivered to your house for an extra charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Address pal from an Post do parcels up to 20kg afaik. Not sure about cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Parcel Wizard deliver from their NI virtual address for €3.85.

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/help-faq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

colly10 wrote: »

Don't bother with parcel motel. I have had 2 parcels gone missing, both the boxes were in the lockers but no items in the boxes. They were stolen basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Can't really fault Addresspal. Alright, it might take a further 7 to 10 days to get to your home or local post office but I'm patient and touch wood have never had a package go awol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Don't bother with parcel motel. I have had 2 parcels gone missing, both the boxes were in the lockers but no items in the boxes. They were stolen basically.

I have used Parcel Motel for years and collect an average of around 15 parcels per week from the locker and occasionally the depot for items that won't fit in the locker. Have never had anything get stolen, or go missing.

However, I received an email from them a couple of days ago that they were jacking up their prices from €3.95 to €4.50 until the end of the year and i'm not impressed with this price increase one bit. On top of that, they are no longer accepting large items (95 x 48 x 55cm) for collection in their depot, so depending on the size of the box the hoover comes in, Parcel Motel may refuse to accept it. This is a real problem for anyone ordering from Amazon, because they very often over size the box your item is in. Only last week, I collected a book that was placed into an oversized box I had to collect from the depot. The book was smaller than a ream of A4 paper and it really was ridiculous, but it happens a lot.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

will BREXIT impact on Parcel Motel like Parcel wizard??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

swoofer wrote: »
    will BREXIT impact on Parcel Motel like Parcel wizard??

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi, does anyone know can u use parcel motel uk address to get prescription medication from uk? Between the doctors fee and the price of the medication, it’s way cheaper to buy from uk but they don’t deliver to ROI address.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know can u use parcel motel uk address to get prescription medication from uk? Between the doctors fee and the price of the medication, it’s way cheaper to buy from uk but they don’t deliver to ROI address.

Parcelmotel doesnt really care what you are receiving as long as it fits in the locker. Common sense prevails.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No, against their T&Cs. Edit that, it's illegal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement