Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue with myaccount/tax 2019

• 26-10-2020 4:34pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to do my tax return for 2019.

I log into myaccount on revenue

Using this link

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/do-paye-tax-payers-need-to-submit-a-tax-return/index.aspx

• sign in to myAccount
    • click on ‘Review your tax’ link in PAYE Services
    • request Statement of Liability

When I request Statement of Liability I get the following

You cannot proceed as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for Income Tax during the year.

Any idea what that means?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

It means that Revenue have one of you registered for self-assessed income tax (Form 11 filing). Do either of you have non-PAYE income Exceeding €5,00pa , rents , self employment or such.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Yes but in the past years I’ve used my account. Will have to register now as neither of us have registered.

Does it take long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

godtabh wrote: »
    Yes but in the past years I’ve used my account. Will have to register now as neither of us have registered.

Does it take long?

https://www.ros.ie/ros-registration-web/ros-registration?execution=e2s1

No but there is still one paper step (for security) initially which can take 5 working days to come. After that everything is done online. They have YouTube videos but I can’t seem to get the link to copy just put in how to register for ROS in YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Resurrecting an old thread.. apologies, but I think it's best to keep all the info in one place.

I registered as self-employed for the first time in November 2023, having been a PAYE employee earlier in the year and for the preceding 25 years.

I've got a ROS profile for the company and the payroll for November and December have been submitted, taxes paid, and accepted.

However, like OP, I'm not able to do standard Revenue myAccount things I've been historically able to do, like submit a request for balancing in respect of receipts uploaded throughout the year for working from home, medical receipts and so on.

with essentially a similar and similarly misleading error message

"We cannot process your request as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for Income Tax during 2023"

I've submitted a question to Revenue via MyEnquiries, but they give themselves the bones of a month to respond, and I'd like to get this all squared away.

I have not yet completed a Form 11S, and as the company didn't pay me €5,000 in 2023, I don't believe I'm an 'assessable person' by definition.

Anyone able to shed light on what the blocker might be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭relax carry on

You registered yourself for Income Tax meaning you must file a for 11 for 2023. You are no longer able to file a tax return via your Revenue myaccount because you registered yourself to file form 11s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Oh no.

Does that mean that all those hours of meticulously uploading receipts was for nothing?

Can I never use MyAccount for our joint returns again? 😮

For 2023 I paid myself under the €5k threshold, but in order to pay myself anything, I had to register as an director employee of my company. Which may be about to cost me more than I was able to pay myself. FML.

The Wife still does the PAYE route, and we're connected on MyAccount, seems I may be dragging her down with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭relax carry on

If you are jointly assessed, then you file a joint tax return called a form 11 via ROS by 31st October 2024. I'm assuming you are a proprietary director of your own limited company form 2023 onwards, which is why you registered for income tax. So long as you are engaged in this activity, you will be filing form 11 tax returns. Have you discussed your issues with your accountant?

Advertisement