Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Care

Options
  • 26-10-2020 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I noticed my credit card account has disappeared from my online account and the app. 
    This leaves me unable to pay off my credit card. 

I had to call up to find out about card care. Initially when I went to register for some reason it had a different mobile number registered than I have registered for my current account and mobile banking. 

I attempted to register the correct number with customer services on the phone and they said I would get a call within a few days. Still waiting for said call over two weeks later. 

Now when I try to register card in card care it is telling me my card number is incorrect. 

An incredibly frustrating experience. Can you please advise on next steps as I am at my wits end. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Jommer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty registering your credit card. Can we ask is this card with BOI or BOI UK? If the card is with UK, this card would now be looked after by Jaja Finance. If you link in with them on 03453098099. One of our colleagues will be happy to help with this. If you have been promised a callback, rest assured a member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jommer01

Hi Jommer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty registering your credit card. Can we ask is this card with BOI or BOI UK? If the card is with UK, this card would now be looked after by Jaja Finance. If you link in with them on 03453098099. One of our colleagues will be happy to help with this. If you have been promised a callback, rest assured a member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Richard,

I've been "resting assured" for quite some time now and still have heard nothing.

I have only just calling Jaja Finance (my card is with BOI UK) and they have told me I'm not registered with them. I find it quite strange to be told to contact this random company I've never heard of given I am a customer of Bank Of Ireland.

I'm quite puzzled by the whole experience really and have absolutely no idea of the current status of my credit card or outstanding balance etc.

Can you please have someone phone me directly? I will send my number over private message.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie. 

In this case it would be necessary for you to discuss this further with Jaja directly. 

As Jaja are now the card provider this would need to be investigated further from their side. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jommer01

In this case it would be necessary for you to discuss this further with Jaja directly. 

As Jaja are now the card provider this would need to be investigated further from their side. 

Thanks, Eve 
    Hi Eve,

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on my previous post. I already contacted Jaja. 

They informed me that they had no record of me on their system and told me to get in touch with Bank of Ireland.

Is there some record of me being switched over to Jaja and if so could you provide me with the details? I don't have any correspondence with Bank of Ireland that makes any reference to Jaja whatsoever. The whole legality of this seems very dubious to me.

Looking forward to a more helpful response.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

jommer01 wrote: »

Thanks, Eve 
    Hi Eve,

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on my previous post. I already contacted Jaja. 

They informed me that they had no record of me on their system and told me to get in touch with Bank of Ireland.

Is there some record of me being switched over to Jaja and if so could you provide me with the details? I don't have any correspondence with Bank of Ireland that makes any reference to Jaja whatsoever. The whole legality of this seems very dubious to me.

Looking forward to a more helpful response.

Regards
    We're sorry to hear this.

We're just going to link in with our team to check this and will get back to you as soon as possible with an update.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
Advertisement