Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting incident in Kanturk, Co. Cork (Mod note in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Family dispute , but I’m not going to post much more about it . The poor mother .

Speculation is futile. I'd say many from that neck of the woods have an idea what this was all about anyway.

The poor mother/wife (as I think she is). God love her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Id say there is a bit more to it. 2 lads in their 20s shouldnt really be losing the run of themselves over their 50 year old fathers wishes after he dies. With the mother still alive as well. Who knows, horrible tragedy either way.

Yeah look impossible to know, it’s just sad regardless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Awful tragic news and so unnecessary no matter the argument. The poor mother I can’t even imagine what she’s going through probably getting grilled by gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Terrible news and a terrible thread title. Sounds like a play or a blues song.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Truly horrific. That poor woman.

• Advertisement

Awful tragic news and so unnecessary no matter the argument. The poor mother I can’t even imagine what she’s going through probably getting grilled by gardai

I'd say they would be a bit more sensitive than that for a few days anyway. Offering support more like.

she’s going through probably getting grilled by gardai

Probably being treated extremely well by the gardai

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

I'd say they would be a bit more sensitive than that for a few days anyway. Offering support more like.

I do hope so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

' grilled ' ?
    I think the Gardai are more professional than you gave them credit for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Awful thing to say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Rip to all the victims. Makes you appreciate the more all you've got when these things happen. Small town in the country, you'd say how could it happen.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Probably being treated extremely well by the gardai

I have no doubt that the Gardai have protocol in such incidents and defer the difficult issues until the witness etc. is in a position to co-operate. God love that poor woman. May they all RIP.

Must be traumatic for the local community also. Horrible thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

When it comes to a will you will be surprised how **** some in your family can be all they care about is money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Awful tragedy.

I'm from a farming background and unfortunately in my locality I'd know of 3 or 4 situations where similar is bubbling under the surface. It takes very little to ignite.

I don't know, this desire for land seems to go back to penal times, the tithe war of the 1830s, the great famine, land war and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sallysue2 wrote: »
    Such an awful tradegy. Poor wife/mother having to witness all this.

God love her

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Balagan1

Id say there is a bit more to it. 2 lads in their 20s shouldnt really be losing the run of themselves over their 50 year old fathers wishes after he dies. With the mother still alive as well. Who knows, horrible tragedy either way.

Seems the Dad was 59 and the mother in her 60s and in ill health recently. With the pandemic, many people in the upper age groups are sorting out Wills. But I have no idea if this was the case in this awfully sad event. RIP and heaven help the poor mother.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Speculation is futile. I'd say many from that neck of the woods have an idea what this was all about anyway.

The poor mother/wife (as I think she is). God love her.

I’m not speculating, grew up a few miles away . But let the facts come out to the wider public first .

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sallysue2

I have 2 sons, who are still babies but couldn't imagine this happening to us. A lot of my family are farmers and I've seen so many families torn apart by land and not speaking for years. This really is so desperately sad

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Row over a will according to Sinead Ryan from the Independent.

Paper ink.

Do we know that for sure.

After incidents like this people love to give a reason.

Paper ink.

Do we know that for sure.

After incidents like this people love to give a reason.

Seems to be the case I’m afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It sounds like it was a tough hostage negotiations day for the Gardai, since 6.30am this morning with a sad outcome

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It sounds like it was a tough hostage negotiations day for the Gardai, since 6.30am this morning with a sad outcome

As far as I know they were brought in just in case there was a hostage situation. No use of force by the ERU or ARU

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    When it comes to a will you will be surprised how **** some in your family can be all they care about is money

land is more sensitive a subject than money in rural areas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

I’d say any of us can pretty much guess what the family dispute was over. Anyways, it doesn’t even matter now, nothing will undo that awful tragedy. Poor woman, what an awful cross to have to carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

RIP. such sad news. That poor mother will need to be supported and wrapped in love by any remaining family and community.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

This is a tragic event and details will not become clear for a number of days. Can we all exercise a bit of cop on and avoid unnecessary speculation and rumors, particularly from anyone who may or may not have 'local knowledge'. Thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Ban guns?

theguzman wrote: »
    Suicides have soared under lockdown whilst mental health is collapsing all over too much time to dwell on lots of negative things, had this year been just another year then most likely such a tragedy might never have occurred.

Unfortunately there are many examples from past years here in this country alone, of murder because of inheritance especially farms that doesn't really back up to your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Absolutely terrible. May they rest in peace. Very sad.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

Three legally held guns in the household.
    May they rest in peace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement