If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for GEN5

Options
  • 26-10-2020 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey Richersounds, so conveniently (best of a bad situation) my 6 year old Samsung 42" is after breaking so in the market for a new TV. Size wise im looking at 55" and I will definitely be getting either an Xbox Series X or PS5 so have GEN5 definitely in mind.

I have a few TV's in mind but would love to get some advice

LG CX - Seems to tick all the boxes but im worried about Screen burn. I play a lot of FIFA and love sport so just worried about static images burning the screen.

Sony XH900 / 905 - Curious here as to what you would suggest is best?

Samsung - Q80T - 900

Is there any one you would think is best here? Any tv Im leaving out? Also when do you expect your black Friday deals to start? Appreciate any advice you can give. 

EDIT: Meant to ask does your warranty cover screen burn issues on Oleds?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey Richersounds, so conveniently (best of a bad situation) my 6 year old Samsung 42" is after breaking so in the market for a new TV. Size wise im looking at 55" and I will definitely be getting either an Xbox Series X or PS5 so have GEN5 definitely in mind.

LG CX - Seems to tick all the boxes but im worried about Screen burn. I play a lot of FIFA and love sport so just worried about static images burning the screen.

Samsung - Q80T - 900

Is there any one you would think is best here? Any tv Im leaving out? Also when do you expect your black Friday deals to start? Appreciate any advice you can give. 

Thanks for the post joe123!

In terms of picture quality you can't really go wrong with the OLEDs, they are the best for picture on the market! I have an OLED myself and use it for streaming, TV and gaming. I've had it for about a year and a half now and I haven't had any issues with screen burn but, like the Plasmas it is a risk if you leave a static image on it for too long. Our warranty doesn't cover Screen Burn and it nearly put me off but the difference in picture quality I thought was worth the risk and extra care!

Between the LED TVs you've mentioned I would recommend the Sony KDXH9505 as it has the Full Array panel with the X1 processor. We have just put an XH9505 out on display and it looks better in terms of colour than the Q80T that's above it.

Saying that the OLED still looks better than both!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Samsung - Q80T - 900

In terms of picture quality you can't really go wrong with the OLEDs, they are the best for picture on the market! I have an OLED myself and use it for streaming, TV and gaming. I've had it for about a year and a half now and I haven't had any issues with screen burn but, like the Plasmas it is a risk if you leave a static image on it for too long. Our warranty doesn't cover Screen Burn and it nearly put me off but the difference in picture quality I thought was worth the risk and extra care!

Between the LED TVs you've mentioned I would recommend the Sony KDXH9505 as it has the Full Array panel with the X1 processor. We have just put an XH9505 out on display and it looks better in terms of colour than the Q80T that's above it.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the reply. Would love an OLED but after doing some additional research, for someone that would play games such as FIFA regularly without a warranty for Image Burn I might have to pass on it. For a pricey TV I would expect to get at least 7 years out of it. 

I'll keep an eye on your site for Black Friday deals. 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Samsung - Q80T - 900

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the reply. Would love an OLED but after doing some additional research, for someone that would play games such as FIFA regularly without a warranty for Image Burn I might have to pass on it. For a pricey TV I would expect to get at least 7 years out of it. 

I'll keep an eye on your site for Black Friday deals. 
    No problem joe123,

We do have a 14 Day price promise so if you like the look of one and buy it within 14 days of Black Friday if it drops in price just let us know and we'll refund the difference!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.