Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough - nice area to live?

Options
  • 26-10-2020 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there. My husband and I are considering Phibsborough as an area to buy a house in. Housing stock seems nice and we could afford it but is it actually a nice place to live? Is it safe? Are there young families living there or is it a lot of students and new grads? Do people settle down there long term?

Any info on the area would be useful.

Thanks

LP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I live in Phibsborough and am very happy here. Bought about 2 years ago. I don't ever feel unsafe, loads of families around where I live.

The negatives, there's a depressing amount of litter sometimes, crime does happen but tends to come in the form of car break-ins etc rather than crimes against people, and the traffic through can be god awful.

None of that out weighs the positives though. If you've any specific questions fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 littlepea84

I live in Phibsborough and am very happy here. Bought about 2 years ago. I don't ever feel unsafe, loads of families around where I live.

The negatives, there's a depressing amount of litter sometimes, crime does happen but tends to come in the form of car break-ins etc rather than crimes against people, and the traffic through can be god awful.

None of that out weighs the positives though. If you've any specific questions fire away.

Thanks for writing back! Do you mind me asking what part of Phibsborough do you live in? You mentioned car break ins, is that something that would be a regular occurance? What about house break ins or other anti social behaviour?

I'm in/around Shandon, which is on the side that would be close to Cabra. I'm not aware of any recent house break-ins. With the cars, there's been a few targeting older cars. It's not done by locals, it's people who come in with bad intent so it could happen anywhere. As I said, I don't ever feel unsafe, my wife works late occasionally and walks home no problem, we have kids who we're happy to have grow up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 littlepea84

I'm in/around Shandon, which is on the side that would be close to Cabra. I'm not aware of any recent house break-ins. With the cars, there's been a few targeting older cars. It's not done by locals, it's people who come in with bad intent so it could happen anywhere. As I said, I don't ever feel unsafe, my wife works late occasionally and walks home no problem, we have kids who we're happy to have grow up here.

Thanks, this is really good to hear. Would you say there’s good community spirit in the area? Know / get on with your neighbours and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm not being smart but there's a 63 page thread, started in 2014, just below yours.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057226551

Start from most recent. I wouldn't mind living there, used to walk through every evening on my way home to Glasnevin.

There's also this (could be taken with a pinch of salt:

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/phibsborough-named-one-of-the-world-s-coolest-neighbourhoods-1.4373347

• Advertisement

Thanks, this is really good to hear. Would you say there’s good community spirit in the area? Know / get on with your neighbours and stuff?

Yeah definitely good community where we live.

Advertisement