If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tv advice size v picture

Options
  • 26-10-2020 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,

We're looking for a new tv for the sitting/Tv room and would like some advice as the best way to go.
    It's a new house so we don't have an existing tv there to reference.

We're wondering whether to put our money towards a bigger screens or try to get a more advanced screen technology.

The room we're looking at is rectangular with the TV at the long end of that makes sense. The furthest we'd be sitting away from the tv is 4.5m/15ft while the closest would be around 2.5m/8ft.

As a refences the tv's we are comparing are the LG OLED65BX6LB and the Sony KD75XH9005BU.
    We're not tied to these sets though.

It's mainly going to be used in the evenings for movies/Netflix with the odd bit of sport here and there during the day so we aren't sure what would be best bang for our buck here. 

Any pointers or advice would be useful 

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

I was in the exact same boat last year and went with the oled and never regretted it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭terrarev

Is it that big a difference? I've not been able to make it into a shop for a browse so have no real reference to tell.

terrarev wrote: »
    Is it that big a difference? I've not been able to make it into a shop for a browse so have no real reference to tell.
    Yea they are in a different league, 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

We're looking for a new tv for the sitting/Tv room and would like some advice as the best way to go.
    It's a new house so we don't have an existing tv there to reference.

We're wondering whether to put our money towards a bigger screens or try to get a more advanced screen technology.

The room we're looking at is rectangular with the TV at the long end of that makes sense. The furthest we'd be sitting away from the tv is 4.5m/15ft while the closest would be around 2.5m/8ft.

As a refences the tv's we are comparing are the LG OLED65BX6LB and the Sony KD75XH9005BU.
    We're not tied to these sets though.

It's mainly going to be used in the evenings for movies/Netflix with the odd bit of sport here and there during the day so we aren't sure what would be best bang for our buck here. 

Any pointers or advice would be useful 

Thanks in Advance.
    Hi terrarev,

I would agree with Brown Finger, I have an OLED as well and they are above and beyond the LED panels! For colour and contrast I haven't seen anything as good and the OLEDs, we have an LG CX beside the Sony XH9505 and it is a big difference!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

That's good to know thanks.

The CX is a bit outside my price range and seeing as the BX is the "budget" OLED I'd be a little concerned on the performance on that. It has a less powerful processor so I wonder how that would affect things. I've also read the BX is dimmer than the CX though that might not be a big deal in the room we'll have it in.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

That's good to know thanks.

The CX is a bit outside my price range and seeing as the BX is the "budget" OLED I'd be a little concerned on the performance on that. It has a less powerful processor so I wonder how that would affect things. I've also read the BX is dimmer than the CX though that might not be a big deal in the room we'll have it in.
    Hi Terrarev,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The CX series is a better specification than the BX but we have already sold lots of the BX series and Customers are delighted with them - and to be fair there is quite a saving over the 'C' series.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Def-Irl,

the natural progression in our industry is that pricing drops as models mature.

In terms of specific pricing on a model series this is always linked to available supply and at the moment this is uncertain due to the Covid situation across our Av and TV ranges - however at the moment thankfully 55BX / 55CX are available and we have reasonable stocks - 65" supply across the LG OLED range is a bit less assured - but again they are currently available.

Thanks for the input,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi

Thanks for the replies and advice. It was all really useful.

We've had a think about it, and a bit of a change of tack, and think we might go for a smaller tv for now.

We are looking to buy a Sony KD55XH9505BU and were wondering what you can do on that?

Hi

Thanks for the replies and advice. It was all really useful.

We've had a think about it, and a bit of a change of tack, and think we might go for a smaller tv for now.

We are looking to buy a Sony KD55XH9505BU and were wondering what you can do on that?
    Hi Terrarev.

Thanks for coming back to us.

The 55XH9505 would be one of the best if not the best LED on the market in my opinion.
    Produces an excellent image and its Smart hub is well pack and uses an Android operating system.

Currently priced at £999 or 1179 Euro. In stock and ready to ship.

The price above would be the best price we could offer on it.

If you could squeeze another few quid then you could still go for OLED with the LG 55BX6 priced at £1098 or 1249 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Thanks for that i could stretch to the OLED but I have one or two concerns. 

The plan for this tv is to use it in a sittimg/tv room short term and then move it to a sunroom in a year or so and upgrade to a better OLED then. 

With it going to a sunroom we'd worry about the OLED in strong light. I've read the BX can be quite dim.
    I'd also be a bit put off by the BX being the "budget" model OLED regarding performance and feel I might be better going for a higher tier LED for that. 

Maybe you could advise there? 

• Advertisement

Thanks for that i could stretch to the OLED but I have one or two concerns. 

The plan for this tv is to use it in a sittimg/tv room short term and then move it to a sunroom in a year or so and upgrade to a better OLED then. 

With it going to a sunroom we'd worry about the OLED in strong light. I've read the BX can be quite dim.
    I'd also be a bit put off by the BX being the "budget" model OLED regarding performance and feel I might be better going for a higher tier LED for that. 

Maybe you could advise there? 
    Hi terrarev,

If you are looking for a brighter TV you're probably better going for an LED or a QLED. They do have brighter panels but to be honest not by a massive margin!

I would recommend the Sony KD55XH9505 if you're looking a good alternative to the OLED. They have better colour and motion processing than the QLEDs and are very bright panels but the OLEDs still outperform them in terms of picture quality!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks for the feedback.

While I'm (very) tempted by the LG OLEDBX I'm just a bit too worried about the reflections when I move it to the sunroom. There isn't much point in having a better picture quality if you can't see it!

I'll go with the Sony and the BLT2-B1 bracket, what would that come to including delivery to Galway?

I'd like to wait until Friday before putting the order through though just to be inside the 2 week price promise for Black Friday just in case.

Thanks for the feedback.

While I'm (very) tempted by the LG OLEDBX I'm just a bit too worried about the reflections when I move it to the sunroom. There isn't much point in having a better picture quality if you can't see it!

I'll go with the Sony and the BLT2-B1 bracket, what would that come to including delivery to Galway?

I'd like to wait until Friday before putting the order through though just to be inside the 2 week price promise for Black Friday just in case.
    Hi Terrarev,

there is an additional discount if you add a bracket at the same time so the SONY KD55XH9505 / Sanus BLT2-B1 is £999 + £6.99 delivery and the SANUS is reduced from £79 to £63.96 if you order it on the TV page - to the total is £1069.95 / 1234.20€ - including our 6 year TV guarantee..

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for everything. Will put this through on Friday.

Hi Terra,

thanks a million and if you have any issues , or if we can assist in any way - just drop us a line and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Just put the order through online, thanks all

Just put the order through online, thanks all
    Cheers for the order Terrarev :)

Our courier will be ion touch via text with your tracking detaisl.

Thanks again for the business.

Have a good weekend.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.