Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40m2 Extension Terrace House

Options
  • 27-10-2020 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

We a currently toying with the idea of selling our home for a bigger home or putting an extension onto our home if it made financial sense. We currently like our location as it is close to the city centre and the idea of not going through selling and buying again.

I’m a complete novice when it comes to construction and pricing. I was looking for a rough idea on a price for 40m2 extension to a terrace house. Single story to the rear, new kitchen, small utility room and bathroom should be contained within the extension. House is located in the mid west.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

We were looking at prices last year for a kitchen extension similar size to what you were looking at.

We got two quotes, one was €80k plus VAT that included a kitchen and standard finish.

The second quote was €65k but that didn’t include kitchen. We didn’t go ahead with it in the end but would love to just couldn’t afford it in the end.

Best bet is to get 2-3 quotes and see some of the work they did on similar projects to the one you want yourself.
    Pigtownlad wrote: »
    Hi all,

We a currently toying with the idea of selling our home for a bigger home or putting an extension onto our home if it made financial sense. We currently like our location as it is close to the city centre and the idea of not going through selling and buying again.

I’m a complete novice when it comes to construction and pricing. I was looking for a rough idea on a price for 40m2 extension to a terrace house. Single story to the rear, new kitchen, small utility room and bathroom should be contained within the extension. House is located in the mid west.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 docst

Pigtownlad wrote: »
    Hi all,

I would say 1000 to 1500 per sqm excluding the kitchen

Advertisement