Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 ETAP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

They will swap out the bar/stem combo for you. I think they give you 30 days to ride it and swap it out to different size. Guessing you cover shipping costs though?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Nice bike and the price doesn't seem too crazy for what you are getting.

As far as I know the geometry of the Ultimate is designed to be more forgiving for the average rider (more so than the Aeroad anyway), so the stem height might not be as much as an issue. You might have to take up yoga on the side though if you're not as limber as you would like :)

I'd be interested in hearing what your bike fitter has to say as I'm considering both the Ultimate and the Aeroad for my new bike upgrade next year.

Do you know if there are any issues with using the bike to work scheme with Canyon as opposed to the local bike shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Crocked wrote: »
    They will swap out the bar/stem combo for you. I think they give you 30 days to ride it and swap it out to different size. Guessing you cover shipping costs though?

Maybe not in the this case as it's from the Outlet section and end of stock from last year. I'll ask

Tim76 wrote: »
    Nice bike and the price doesn't seem too crazy for what you are getting.

As far as I know the geometry of the Ultimate is designed to be more forgiving for the average rider (more so than the Aeroad anyway), so the stem height might not be as much as an issue. You might have to take up yoga on the side though if you're not as limber as you would like :)

I'd be interested in hearing what your bike fitter has to say as I'm considering both the Ultimate and the Aeroad for my new bike upgrade next year.

Do you know if there are any issues with using the bike to work scheme with Canyon as opposed to the local bike shop?

Yeah there's a lot of bike included. I was actually considering these wheels as an upgrade for the TCR and was also toying with the idea of a powermeter

My BTW is not due again for another few years but I'm pretty sure I can't use Canyon. Others can confirm but in my case I was provided with a list from HR

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they must be popular if they're barely offering more than a 10% discount for last year's model?

• Advertisement

Response from bike fitter:

You sit right between the m and the large in this. The medium has the same stack height as your TCR but a shorter reach so the stem length would be a bit short for you. The large has a perfect reach but is a couple of cm's higher in the stack height. If they could change the cockpit on the med you would be good, the large you can slam the stem which might be a better option for you to be honest.

Canyon recommended M based on height and inseam

So hard to pull the trigger on a new bike at this time of year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Bargain!!!

Buy it in a 56 (medium) and we'll talk re-sale in mid 2022. :)

If it's any help, I've just stepped off an M/L TCR and straight onto an M Aeroad, and I'm changing the stem from 110 to 100 as I did with the TCR. I'm 5 11 and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Alexzont

fat bloke wrote: »
    Bargain!!!

Buy it in a 56 (medium) and we'll talk re-sale in mid 2022. :)

If it's any help, I've just stepped off an M/L TCR and straight onto an M Aeroad, and I'm changing the stem from 110 to 100 as I did with the TCR. I'm 5 11 and a half.

Interesting you say that about the stem! I just recently bought an Ultimate CF SLX from the outlet and am looking to swap the integrated 90mm cockpit for a longer one. You wouldn't happen to be looking to swap it, would you?

Advertisement