Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Mortgage Wait times.

• 27-10-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi all,

Is anyone here in the process of getting an AIB mortgage via the portal.

As per my answer on another thread, I have now been waiting nearly 2 months and have everything covered and AIB is delay after delay.

I am now 9 weeks in and waiting for a letter of offer unless they request another bloody document (70 in a this stage) Good credit rating, No loans, decent size deposit and two secure jobs....

This is doing my nut in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 Meraf

Hi all,

Is anyone here in the process of getting an AIB mortgage via the portal.

As per my answer on another thread, I have now been waiting nearly 2 months and have everything covered and AIB is delay after delay.

I am now 9 weeks in and waiting for a letter of offer unless they request another bloody document (70 in a this stage) Good credit rating, No loans, decent size deposit and two secure jobs....

This is doing my nut in.

Call their mortgage team to see what is going on with your application:
    0818 303 059
    Monday - Friday, 09.00 - 17.00

Current waiting time when sent to underwriters is 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Meraf wrote: »
    Call their mortgage team to see what is going on with your application:
    0818 303 059
    Monday - Friday, 09.00 - 17.00

Current waiting time when sent to underwriters is 10 days.

I've done that on a daily basis to be honest the guys on the front line are getting minimal information and there so called lending team obviously have no SLA's.

There "due" dilligence at this stage is beyond excessive to the point you would get the impression the dont want to give out mortgages.

I am at the point where I may see a mortgage from another lender as AIB are incomptent to the highest order.

Advertisement