Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint Show keeps opening in "Edit mode"

Options
  • 27-10-2020 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Hopefully someone can help.

When I save a PPT to a powerpoint show in Kiosk mode, and I share the link directly to the show file, others are getting it to open in edit/slideshow mode.

Does anyone know how I can get the powerpoint (when shared) to only open in Kiosk/full screen mode, and not slide show mode? I have to link to a sharepoint site, so very frustrated at the moment!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

did you save in PPSX format? (PowerPoint show mode)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

BailMeOut wrote: »
    did you save in PPSX format? (PowerPoint show mode)

Sorry, never replied. I did indeed. I tried 97-2003 version as well. It seems it is a SharePoint issue rather than a PowerPoint issue. If I sent the file it's fine, but linking it via SharePoint causes the online editor to kick in. Seems to be a common issue

Advertisement