Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance companies for young drivers?

Options
  • 27-10-2020 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My insurance is up for renewal and I was hoping to out my 17 year old daughter on as a named driver but with my own insurance the quote went from €600 to €2600.
    I;m wondering how other people got on with getting a child put on their insurance as a named driver?
    Any tips suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Jane98 wrote: »
    Hi,

My insurance is up for renewal and I was hoping to out my 17 year old daughter on as a named driver but with my own insurance the quote went from €600 to €2600.
    I;m wondering how other people got on with getting a child put on their insurance as a named driver?
    Any tips suggestions?

Shop around. Similar happened to me growing up but I remember Liberty and Aviva being decnent.
    I think Britton Insurance were also decent for friends.

What car, year and engine?

The smaller the engine the better

Advertisement