Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deceased account holder

Options
  • 27-10-2020 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My brother died in April and I am looking after the utilities in the house. To date there have been no bills arriving and I would like to know whats outstanding and arrange to pay it and take over the account so that any future bills are directed to me.
    I have his account number and mprn, and would be grateful if a rep could pm me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi dabrisin,

We are very sorry to read of your loss.

Is it possible that the bills are issued online? If so, we can have the online billing deactivated, and then it is just a matter of opening an account in your name, which will automatically close your late brother's account and generate the final balance. After the online billing is deactivated (should that be the case) if you are happy to set up direct debit on your new account, just open this account as follows. If you would prefer not to set up direct debit, we can register the account here with an up-to-date meter-reading and your date of birth and telephone number.

We will private message you now.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement