Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Alternative Downloading" - Vodafone vs Eir

• 27-10-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I obtain my movies & TV by "alternate" methods and haven't had any problems with Vodafone over the past few years. Eir have a tempting offer on at the moment and I'm wondering about moving, however I'd be worried that their policing of my methods would be picked up and acted upon. Does anyone have an opinion what Eir are like in this regard?
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

kelbal wrote: »
    Hi,
    I obtain my movies & TV by "alternate" methods and haven't had any problems with Vodafone over the past few years. Eir have a tempting offer on at the moment and I'm wondering about moving, however I'd be worried that their policing of my methods would be picked up and acted upon. Does anyone have an opinion what Eir are like in this regard?
    TIA

Never had any issue with downloads with them. They were sh1t in every other regard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I never had any bother and I was with both. VM tried it for a while but seem to have given up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Not a massive downloader but stream lots and Eir are fine service wise. As said above though they are terrible I'm every other way! Never been with Vodafone. Virgin offer the best service but have gone too expensive.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Simi

Haven't had any issues with 'alternative downloading'. IPTV has been pretty poor though. Stops working completely whenever there's a premiership game on unless you use a VPN.

If it's the non fibre package i.e. FTTC up to 100mbs then be forewarned the router is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mickey_dodger

Never had any issue with downloads with them. They were sh1t in every other regard though.

Have to agree with this, Eir are utterly appalling when it comes to customer service. This verdict is borne of bitter experience, unfortunately I am a prisoner of Eir as no other viable alternative in my area. If you are completely happy with your current provider, I would think long and hard before switching to Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Have to agree with this, Eir are utterly appalling when it comes to customer service. This verdict is borne of bitter experience, unfortunately I am a prisoner of Eir as no other viable alternative in my area. If you are completely happy with your current provider, I would think long and hard before switching to Eir.

Thanks - stayed with Vodafone in the end.

Advertisement