Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to complete Form 12 online

• 27-10-2020 3:22pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has an issue completing their form 12 online? I am trying to enter additional income for my wife. The employer already exists as we submitted for same last year but when I try to enter a value for amount to be taxed of to pay USC on it will not let me enter any value to the field?

Has anyone else come across the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

If the employer is listed isn't the income also pre-populated already? the employer will have had to return the details to Revenue on or before each payment to her so by year end the F12 should have the correct amounts. It would not be necessary for the employee to enter the data again.

Check if an Employment Detail Summary is available for 2019 as that's where you'll see what the employer filed.

Stratvs wrote: »
    If the employer is listed isn't the income also pre-populated already? the employer will have had to return the details to Revenue on or before each payment to her so by year end the F12 should have the correct amounts. It would not be necessary for the employee to enter the data again.

Check if an Employment Detail Summary is available for 2019 as that's where you'll see what the employer filed.

It's not her main employer. She does some classes for an Educational company any they don't deduct the Tax so it has to be declared yearly.

I have raised an enquiry with them anyway so will see what comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Exactly wrote: »
    It's not her main employer. She does some classes for an Educational company any they don't deduct the Tax so it has to be declared yearly.

I have raised an enquiry with them anyway so will see what comes back.

So it's not a PAYE employment as seemed to be the case from the original post. It's a self-employment. There are fields for that in the eF12.

Advertisement