Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with muddy garden due to swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

2 pieces of additional information will help recommendations.

1. Have you an approximate budget, or a max budget?
    2. How big is the area you need to cover?

Also, is this to be a long term solution or just for the next few months?

My initial thought was to buy and roll out artificial turf, but this could be costly.
    You would need to put some sand under it.
    https://www.woodies.ie/lawn-garden/garden-landscaping-decor/artificial-grass-topiary

Another suggestion is buy a couple of tonnes of gravel and spread it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,880 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Garden is roughly (very roughly) 3.5m x 5m. We could make the actual area to cover smaller though by adding borders/etc.

We were thinking of the artificial grass route. Budget would be a couple of hundred euro max, but we could DIY it (my which I likely mean my brother-in-law will do it for us).

Does anyone have experience of replacing grass with artificial?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

If you are renting I think it would be a good idea to consult with the landlord before putting down gravel or artificial grass. You don't want him docking your deposit to replace the turf.

Might be no harm to discuss the issue with him anyway. Essentially the poor drainage is leading to a mud issue. He might be happy to invest a bit to protect the garden and the house from mud damage. Otherwise, he might just approve your own plan.

Advertisement