Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoMo voicemail barred

• 27-10-2020 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

My GoMo voicemail is “barred”. When I dial 171 it tells me to contact GoMo. I’ve raised 3 web forms (no telephone number or webchat) and every time they come back to me saying I need to dial 171.

Is there any way for me to contact GoMo other than using the webform? They don’t seem to understand my problem.

Very frustrating!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    My GoMo voicemail is “barred”. When I dial 171 it tells me to contact GoMo. I’ve raised 3 web forms (no telephone number or webchat) and every time they come back to me saying I need to dial 171.

Is there any way for me to contact GoMo other than using the webform? They don’t seem to understand my problem.

Very frustrating!

What happens if you dial your number with a 5 after the prefix?

E.g 08751234567 and press # ?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

DopeTech wrote: »
    What happens if you dial your number with a 5 after the prefix?

E.g 08751234567 and press # ?

Just tried that, and I can leave myself a voicemail. But then when I dial 171, it says “access to your mailbox is barred, please contact customer service”

Just tried that, and I can leave myself a voicemail. But then when I dial 171, it says “access to your mailbox is barred, please contact customer service”

Not much else you can do then apart from keep hounding them until you get someone with 2 brain cells that can help you over web chat.

Not much else you can do then apart from keep hounding them until you get someone with 2 brain cells that can help you over web chat.

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Voicemail access / set up: dial 171

Voicemail deactivation : dial ##002#

Any further issues please contact us via webchat on www.gomo.ie

Regards,

GoMo Customer Care

The above was their response. I tried deactivating voicemail like they’ve said and it still doesn’t work. I had a couple of voicemails in there, I hope they don’t delete now that it’s been deactivated.

Terrible service

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Voicemail access / set up: dial 171

Voicemail deactivation : dial ##002#

Any further issues please contact us via webchat on www.gomo.ie

Regards,

GoMo Customer Care

The above was their response. I tried deactivating voicemail like they’ve said and it still doesn’t work. I had a couple of voicemails in there, I hope they don’t delete now that it’s been deactivated.

Terrible service

Try on live chat, not email.

Their customer care is even worse than eir which is quite an achievement. I asked them something before on live chat and the response I got could have been written by a teenage brat. That's the problem with eir and their offspring. If you have a problem you're f**ked. I moved to 48, not only for the cheaper price but their support is actually fine. I've had to contact them a few times with a few questions and each time they have been able to resolve the issue or give me a meaningful response.

• Advertisement

Try on live chat, not email.

Their customer care is even worse than eir which is quite an achievement. I asked them something before on live chat and the response I got could have been written by a teenage brat. That's the problem with eir and their offspring. If you have a problem you're f**ked. I moved to 48, not only for the cheaper price but their support is actually fine. I've had to contact them a few times with a few questions and each time they have been able to resolve the issue or give me a meaningful response.

Thanks, I think I will look at 48. Waiting over a month and 3 emails later, my voicemail still doesn’t work which is not really acceptable.

Maybe I’m going crazy but I don’t see any live chat options on their website??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Maybe I’m going crazy but I don’t see any live chat options on their website??

It appears on the right hand side of the screen when you log into your account. Comes and goes from my experience. The randomness would suggest it just appears when there's an idle service agent who can be quite abrupt if it's some non standard issue. I haven't had to contact them in a while, thankfully and touching wood.

Jim

For anyone interested, GOMO still haven't fixed my voicemail issue.

No way to contact them other than sending the contact form on their website.

Absolutely dreadful service. Would not recommend.

Advertisement