Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Current Account

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

rizzla wrote: »
    Hi Team,

Just wondering, I completed the account closure form yesterday https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/bank/current-accounts/account-closure-form/ . I never received any sort of confirmation, just wondering if I should have? Also, how long will the process take?
    Hi rizzla, 

thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. Generally once the request has been submitted that account is closed within 24 hours and a confirmation text is send to the mobile number. 

It is important to know that the address and mobile number entered on the online closure form must match what is registered to your account. If there is any difference in this or the details have changed the request will automatically be rejected on the account. 

In this instance a written instruction must be sent to your account holding branch with as much information as possible requesting to close the account. 

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well. 

Thanks Jen

Advertisement