Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massage guns - Worth it or waste?

• 27-10-2020 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey team!

I have been powering through my X2 workouts among other athletic activities (running, biking, hiking, etc) but have noticed lately ive been running into a lot more soreness and knots in my muscles. Foam rolling (and light stretching) sessions have been a staple daily and definitely help a lot for day to day myofascial release however even with a rumble roller im still noticing knots and tightness in hard to reach areas like inner traps, shoulders, etc.

With that said I wanted to know what peoples thoughts are on massage guns. Are they effective enough to justify the cost or should I just stick to foam rolling and invest in something cheeper like a myofacial kit to reach smaller areas?

Any thoughts and perspectives are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

vijay44 wrote: »
    Hey team!

I have been powering through my X2 workouts among other athletic activities (running, biking, hiking, etc) but have noticed lately ive been running into a lot more soreness and knots in my muscles. Foam rolling (and light stretching) sessions have been a staple daily and definitely help a lot for day to day myofascial release however even with a rumble roller im still noticing knots and tightness in hard to reach areas like inner traps, shoulders, etc.

With that said I wanted to know what peoples thoughts are on massage guns. Are they effective enough to justify the cost or should I just stick to foam rolling and invest in something cheeper like a myofacial kit to reach smaller areas?

You can build one yourself for much less than the official versions
    https://bestmassage.tech/how-to-make-your-own-massage-gun-in-5-easy-steps/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Ceepo

vijay44 wrote: »
    Hey team!

With that said I wanted to know what peoples thoughts are on massage guns. Are they effective enough to justify the cost or

This..
    "should I just stick to foam rolling and invest in something cheeper like a myofacial kit to reach smaller areas?"

Massage guns might have a place, but imo they're not good for "knots" and you would be better of using a hockey ball, foam roller and or theracane for harder to reach areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭event

They do a job. Not as good as a foam roller but can use them on the couch, in work etc so very versatile

Can get them for about €60 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Find it hard to get motivation to foam roll never mind add something else to the mix :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

• Advertisement
Advertisement