Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts for young boys - no toys

• 27-10-2020 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of youngsters (boys)that I buy for and I'm stumped. Like many others their house is swamped with toys and there will be plenty more arriving over Christmas. I usually bring them off to a Christmas event much to the delight of their parents but that's obviously out this year. I've done the hamper with Christmas PJs/DVDs/books etc so that's out.
    Any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Musical instruments keyboard and Guitar.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sports gear? Hats, gloves as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Brilliant ideas folks, the older one has just started football so that's him sorted.
    I'm going to look for a keyboard for the other fella, his parents will love me for that :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimbobjoe71

Not sure of their ages but am purchasing a saxoflute for a four year old

https://www.quercettistore.com/products/saxoflute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Watches

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Binoculars or walkie talkies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭jos28

Fantastic ideas folks, I'm amazed at your ingenuity. You've given me ideas for other presents I have to buy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

How about a subscription to the junior version of National Geographic?

• Advertisement

A book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Chess set, or Draughts?
    Telescope and some basic astronomy books/DVD's.

GarIT wrote: »
    Space is the parents problem imo. Anything other than toys isn't a present imo. I used to passionately hate the people who gave my clothes, books or similar.

That sounds like a you problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I used get upset when someone would buy something that wasn't fun. I didn't see things as a present if something was bought to suit my parents. Getting, clothes, books, anything educational was awful to me.

Personally I'd go for toys anyway. Or money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

https://www.kiwico.com/ look great - there are offers for one kit free or half price - just pay postage
    Considering getting the "Eureka crate" for ours here :)

“Roll it back”

I used get upset when someone would buy something that wasn't fun. I didn't see things as a present if something was bought to suit my parents. Getting, clothes, books, anything educational was awful to me.

Again this isn't about you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

My 7 year old loves getting clothes! He even asked his older sister to buy him clothes for Christmas.

Back to op- You don’t say what age they are but if they have any consoles maybe a game.

A board game.

Novelty sweets

Watch/Smart watch

Or maybe a Christmas walk in a woods or somewhere else outdoors with treats and hot chocolate from a flask (separate cups of course!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Totally depends on the child. My 8yo is hoping to get the new David Walliams book and the Guinness Book of Records as well as a new pair of Nike Air Max (with laces, no less).
    Science kits always went down well as did any Lego. Older two still love a book, as long as it's the right book. Qwertee tshirts loved now that they're teens. If they play GAA they might like club clothes, like the tracksuit or windbreaker, etc.

Advertisement