Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 8 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

More playcalling fun with Nagy but we got away with it.

This has been the story since Week 1 2018. The man is useless and constantly gets away with it. The defense has been bailing his ass out since the day he arrived in Chicago.

Awful, awful playcaller. Burned 90 seconds in the redzone just there with his awful calls.

As for Mitch, he's also clueless but Foles has shown he cannot work his magic behind a non existent offensive line.

It's becoming clearer every week that in a weird way Mitch's ability to go off script has been helping to cover up Nagy's deficiencies as a playcaller. All this time people thought Nagy was handcuffed by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What the hell is Fangio doing burning two timeouts like that. Absolute dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Biggest drive of the season now for the Bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Carlos is a field goal kicking wizard. He kicks it between the uprights most of the time and never hits the posts.

Magical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I like the game, know a bit about the game, but this 'icing the kicker' ..... am I wrong in thinking how is this allowed?

Except when your own team does it lol

Edit: loved the wee fight earlier

• Advertisement

Some ending in Mile High

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That’s five loses for the chargers by one score. That’s a sickener but the broncos kept going until the final whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's a mad season, Broncos have been crap and were in this game and suddenly get it together.
    Bears were brutal against a poor Rams team last week and give the Saints a serious run. The Vikings beat the Packers and the Bengals beat the Titans. You couldn't call any of those things happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

What a win for Lock and company, mighty stuff ðŸ‘

That was poor from foles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭hynesie08

When did sky stop using their own lads for the late game? Didn't Neil and Co. at least do the intro before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Bears run out of heart-attack time luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The Bears run out of heart-attack time luck.

We had no business still being in that game, were second best the whole second half, wheels completely fell off the wagon on offense today. The defense are amazing, and being wasted on this offense and this coach.

The cowboys get a FG.

Throw the ****ing ball away you ginger gob****e.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:)

You wait all night to play in prime time and the QB does that.

How does wentz take a shot like that and not **** himself....... Not fear, literal bowel emptying.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

hynesie08 wrote: »
    How does wentz take a shot like that and not **** himself....... Not fear, literal bowel emptying.....
    A lot of the hits he takes are because he holds the ball too long, he has just thrown another interception and has 11 on the season, most of them from brainless throws.

This game is shaking out hope I thought it would. Not how I hoped it would.

Greg the leg kicked a 59 yd field goal, 9-7 Dallas at half time.

• Advertisement

Everything about this game has been an embarrassment to the sport, but I'm really enjoying it......

It's awful, struggling to decide which QB is worse, deffo know which is better value.

It's horribly good, should have been played last night, ideal for Halloween night

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

titans :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

hynesie08 wrote: »

Wentz is one of the toughest qbs in the league. Plays with injuries gets big hits every game and still shows up

Well that won’t go down as a favourite for the purists as they say. I know I called wentz a ginger gob****e last night and maybe that was a bit harsh but it wasn’t that far off. He is going to have to learn to throw the ball away when there’s nothing on. Not just for the team but for himself because as long as he has the ball he’s liable to get hit. Those two INTs in the end zone, while I like the thinking but the execution isn’t good enough. The eagles have room to improve and hopefully they do but it’s a hard watch especially in the early hours of the morning.

The cowboys are awful and the game against the steelers may need to come with a viewer discretion warning because that could be a mauling.

Oh btw I saw the clip of the bears WR. He should be suspended for utter stupidity more than anything else.

Definition of irony is Dion Lewis, who just caught a touchdown pass, playing for the giants. He's about 5 feet 2.

Have to be honest, I don't understand how Winfield getting there before the ball is not PI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

eagle eye wrote: »
    Have to be honest, I don't understand how Winfield getting there before the ball is not PI.

He got to the ball first. It hit his arm before he made contact with Lewis.

Advertisement