Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beans beans beans

Options
  • 27-10-2020 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭

<snip>

Mod note:
    Video removed because of a claim about beans reversing early stage cancer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes I remember reading something somewhere that the places on earth with the highest life expectancy all based their diets around some kind of pulses. Parts of Japan, and Sardinia I remember were two of the places.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shazaam

Beans really are the business - so many different things you can make with beans providing the "blank slate" onto which you can add as much flavour as you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KennisWhale

Absolutely obsessed with beans. More than I am with lentils. I've never eaten a bean meal and felt crap after it. So versatile, super nutritious (in particular, my obsession; fibre). I'll give this video a watch when I make lunch now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Borlotti beans are one of my favourites. Followed by butter beans and black beans. I tend to buy them dry and loose, organic preferably. I find that they are so good at keeping my energy levels stable and I never really feel truly hungry as long as I'm eating beans regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shazaam

Bigbooty wrote: »
    Borlotti beans are one of my favourites. Followed by butter beans and black beans. I tend to buy them dry and loose, organic preferably. I find that they are so good at keeping my energy levels stable and I never really feel truly hungry as long as I'm eating beans regularly.

I tend to buy large bags from Amazon of Borlotti (Pinto as our US friends would call them) and kidney beans. Easy to store, cheap and last for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

shazaam wrote: »
    I tend to buy large bags from Amazon of Borlotti (Pinto as our US friends would call them) and kidney beans. Easy to store, cheap and last for ages!

Actually borlotti are different although they look similar They're bigger, creamier and tastier in my opinion. But yeah dry beans are such good value.

Advertisement