Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIG or BoxyMo

• 27-10-2020 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am planning on having my first car soon, hopefully before the end of the year, providing I get an urgent driving test slot and, of course, passing.

I have my eye on a 151 Nissan Micra, and have been shopping around for insurance quotes, based on having a full license.

Both AIG and BoxyMo have turned out to be the cheapest by far (looking at around €1700), with other insurers like 123 and AXA giving quotes in the reigon of €4-6k, of course this is based on my age and occupation (18, sales assistant).

I would definnitely be looking to go with either AIG or BoxyMo as these offer the cheapest quotes for comprehensive insurance, and am just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with either of these companies?

Thanks,
    Mark :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 padraig737

Does AIG use a tracking device like Boxymo?
    I heard Boxymo can just cancel insurance if you break the speed limit a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mark2912

padraig737 wrote: »
    Does AIG use a tracking device like Boxymo?
    I heard Boxymo can just cancel insurance if you break the speed limit a couple of times.

Yes, the insurance product from AIG is called Box Clever, so its similar to BoxyMo.

I have heard mixed reviews about BoxyMo, some say its great, and other say its not so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 padraig737

I'm not a young driver but I have used AIG in the past and would again. Going by stuff I heard about Boxymo I would be slow to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

mark2912 wrote: »
    Yes, the insurance product from AIG is called Box Clever, so its similar to BoxyMo.

I have heard mixed reviews about BoxyMo, some say its great, and other say its not so good.

I've seen the AIG one in action.
    I'd have no problem using it.

Unless it's changed in the last 12 months the deal was you had to turn on the APP an number of times per week while driving.

So they are not monitoring you 100% of the time.
    You are in control of their monitoring.

Seems a sensible approach.

Advertisement