Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Siro provider

• 27-10-2020 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭

I'm with Vodafone Siro right now, and my deal is up and price gone up to 55 a month.

I see Sky (also Siro) are offering 35 a month for their 500mb plan, but also a €50 installation.

Given I have everything setup, has anyone moved Siro providers and is a technician needed if just changing providers?

When moving ADSL providers in the past, a new router just did the trick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Just bumping this because my contract is also coming to an end, so interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

No Technician is needed but make sure to cancel with VF. Technically its not needed to cancel a BB provider when moving providers using the same technology, but i went through hell with this with VF, they kept charging and over 6 months to cancel, several calls, was even on hold for over an hour and a half and i hung up.

New provider will just send out a new box, plug it in and away you go.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ending up trying my best to cancel with Vodafone but they offered me the equivalent of €35 a month for 12 months which was the same as Sky.

I would have moved to Sky but by god, trying to sign up was a nightmare. Couldn't get through to them at all via their sales line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If be fine with that

Advertisement