Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Aiden - Saturday October 31st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Stepped up a level now outside Newport, Mayo. Still nothing major, maybe high end yellow but we have a few hours to go so could hit an orange level gust or w yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Orange level or not I'm glad I moved my garden furniture as it would not have lasted in some of the stronger gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Belmullet gusting 62 knots (115 km/h) at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

More sustained and louder gusts here; I had to put the subtitles up on youtube!

Brighter though.

MUCH louder! Startlingly so...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just back from a one hour walk along the shore near Inverin. I have walked here every day for 20 years & today's winds are some of the strongest I have ever experienced.

The slightest cloud comes with squalls & some gusts are well into Orange. I was struggling to stay on my feet at times.

• Advertisement

Belmullet gusting 61 knots & Donegal airport gusting 59 knots @11am

Belmullet gusting 61 knots & Donegal airport gusting 59 knots @11am

As met ie use KPH please can you translate? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Serious gusts here in North Leitrim at mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Graces7 wrote: »

59 knots is 109 kph

Graces7 wrote: »

They dont,they use knots. If you care to look carefully before posting the KPH is in brackets beside the Knots on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Severe gusts now in Castlebar, 31mm of rain since midnight.

Xenji wrote: »
    Severe gusts now in Castlebar, 31mm of rain since midnight.

Tis rough enough alright

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Gusting to 77 km/h here near Tralee, had 13.2mm from heavy squally rain overnight, got very mild getting up to 15.7C and back now to 10.3C.

Off the mark to what some of the models were predicting. For me I think the HI Res were so trying to catch up in the early stages, even up to a day or so out that the tendency was to stick with the main models but in hindsight the Hi res did get it together in the end.

Main winds now in the W and transferring to the NW as the Storm pulls away to the N. Looks like Donegal could get a good lick of the strongest winds yet.

anim_klk1.gif

anim_tsi1.gif

anim_ymg7.gif

anim_sai0.gif

Carrickfinn (Donegal Airport)should get 65 knots or so over the next hour or two

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice hook forming aiming at Donegal where would expect the strongest winds of the day perhaps.

BSbiKRE.gif

bSocDTC.gif

Updated TAF from Donegal giving max gusts of 68 knots in the next couple of hours

TEMPO 3112/3114 26042G68KT
    BECMG 3115/3117 25027G44KT
    BECMG 3119/3121 22018G30KT

Another windy night in store, strongest winds along Atlantic coasts, all coasts windy for a time.

anim_uzq8.gif

anim_ait6.gif

Carrickfinn (Donegal Airport)should get 65 knots or so over the next hour or two

Ok. Be kind? Bad connection here so additional searches are hard. Thank you in advance and for all you do here anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Regularly gusting 100kph here now as anticipated. Will be gone in an hour or so though I'd say before more regular 70 to 80 kph tonight

• Advertisement

Potential for windy weather to come Sun into Monday from some of the models. ECM back showing it fairly windy along SW, S and SE coastal counties and quite windy inland as does the American models. ARPEGE showing it fairly windy but not too strong, ICON not bring the winds inland on it's last run. So a bit of fine tuning yet to having a reasonable idea of how windy and wet it will be. Looks like high rainfall totals in the SW ( S Kerry and W Cork )

q8W1V3Q.gif

anim_vbj6.gif

anim_tzu3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wicked wind here now in SW Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Pangea wrote: »
    Wicked wind here now in Donegal
    Can attest to that in the northwest of the county, power out too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Very strong gusts for the past hour in NW Donegal. Power gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Gusts at 12 pm:

59 kt: Donegal Airport
    58 kt: Malin Head
    57 kt: Belmullet, Mace Head, Knock

Midday:

Donegal Airport gusting 59 knots
    Malin head gusting 58 knots
    Knock 57 knots
    Mace head 57 knots
    Belmullet 57 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Just back from a breezy walk in Limerick.

The wind is warm and mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Can attest to that in the northwest of the county, power out too
    Update, power back, phew

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

and there goes the electric . just outside donegal town. solid fuel range is on though :D

• Advertisement

Midday:

Donegal Airport gusting 59 knots
    Malin head gusting 58 knots
    Knock 57 knots
    Mace head 57 knots
    Belmullet 57 knots

Think I need to resign....Blessings and peace and safety to all . Too old for this now and so little computer access. was going to post photos but there we are. Just asked a small kindness.

Advertisement