If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Mini or Yamaha Receiver

Options
  • 28-10-2020 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey guys,

So I have moved into a smaller place and wanted to streamline my HiFi system. I had a Cambridge Audio 640A amp which I’ve sold on, and still have a Marantz CD6004 and Tannoy Mercury 7.2 speakers. I was going to get rid of the CD player (even though it’s a beautiful piece of kit) and get a mini HiFi to hook up to the Tannoys so was thinking the Denon DM41 as I heard good things (plus Bluetooth is essential now). Seems like a ‘neater’ option.

Then I seen the Yamaha RS202D on RS and thought it might be good option. I don’t really need the power in this space but it might pair well with the CD player and speakers (and future proof as a TV hookup?).

I guess what I’m asking is what do you think might be best and what’s the difference between separates and mini HiFi here? Both options are relatively similar in price on RS (any other options welcome too!).

Thanks!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Ricky,

thanks for the post - an easy one for a change ;)

Th RS202 is going to sound pretty significantly better than a DM41 - to be fair to the DM41 it also packs a CD player - but again you have a better CD player with your CD6004 than what's contained in the DM41 - so why double up!

If you are eagle eyed you will see we also have some RS202 in our clearance section at just £129 - we literally only have a handful left:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13675-yamaha-rs202d-clearance-black-black-dab-bluetooth-stereo-receiver.aspx

These are returns or repairs that have been back to Yamaha and fully refurbished and are great value.

Keep us posted and good luck with the move,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rickydreamboat

Hi Ricky,

thanks for the post - an easy one for a change ;)

Th RS202 is going to sound pretty significantly better than a DM41 - to be fair to the DM41 it also packs a CD player - but again you have a better CD player with your CD6004 than what's contained in the DM41 - so why double up!

If you are eagle eyed you will see we also have some RS202 in our clearance section at just £129 - we literally only have a handful left:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13675-yamaha-rs202d-clearance-black-black-dab-bluetooth-stereo-receiver.aspx

These are returns or repairs that have been back to Yamaha and fully refurbished and are great value.

Keep us posted and good luck with the move,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Well I think that’s my mind made up then. :)

Thanks John, I’ll check them refurbs out on the site.

Thanks Ricky,

keep us posted if we can assist 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks Ricky,

keep us posted if we can assist 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John can I PM you?

No problem, 

but may be better to mail to sales@richersounds.ie as then all the guys can see and you will almost certainly get a more rapid (and more lucid) answer :confused:..

But fire ahead whatever way works best for you :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

No problem, 

but may be better to mail to sales@richersounds.ie as then all the guys can see and you will almost certainly get a more rapid (and more lucid) answer :confused:..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Will email so.

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

No problem, 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Will email so.

Thanks again
    We'll look out for your mail rickydreamboat!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.