Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Well we are out the other side now :)
    Hope everyone is warm and safe, that's all that matters really at the end of the day.
    MO4, what did you end up eating from the Chinese?
    Buile, did Khali stay up for the countdown?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

PM , beef curry rice and chips . Half rice and curry left lol !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    PM , beef curry rice and chips . Half rice and curry left lol !

Put it in fridge for tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I don't make it in here often but thought would pop my head in tonight to say congratulations on surviving 2020 and may you have an abundance of health and happiness in 2021.

Happy New Year lads, wishing you all the very best for 2021. x

Great fireworks display here, like Beirut lol. All quiet now, watching Graham Norton, still sipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Happy new year to all of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In the leaba clinging to Mrs G for a bit of heat and it's nice. Very snug. Night all and welcome to 21.

Happy New Year lads, wishing you all the very best for 2021. x

Great fireworks display here, like Beirut lol. All quiet now, watching Graham Norton, still sipping.

I'm watching this too and for the first time am seeing a resemblance between Jamie Dornan and Imran on Coronation Street!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy new year folks , I hope it's a good for each and everyone of ye, ye deserve it!

tenor.gif?itemid=4837682

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

I always feel New year's eve is like the end of the Christmas holidays. I've just looked longingly at the lit up Christmas tree. :( :pac:

• Advertisement

I always feel New year's eve is like the end of the Christmas holidays. I've just looked longingly at the lit up Christmas tree. :( :pac:

I used to always get the Glenroes around 00.30 on New Year's Day.
    I always felt Xmas was over.
    Then when I'd wake up on New Year's Day, I'd be on a downer from drinking the night before and the thought of going back to work often the next day.
    Thankfully, this year I have longer off work and no hangover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Hey all, Happy new year:)
    Couchside watching Saw with a beer,
    Is it me or has this holiday period flew.

Witchie wrote: »
    I don't make it in here often but thought would pop my head in tonight to say congratulations on surviving 2020 and may you have an abundance of health and happiness in 2021.

Great to "see" you Witchie :) I hope you and yours have a fantastic 2021.

Same goes for the rest of you. One or two in particular I will make a special wish for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Night all,
    Heading/stumbling in to bed
    Hope ye had good one:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Tired on the couch watching tv, horizontal, but too darn lazy to make the effort to get up and get to bed...

Happy New Year, guys! :):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Tired on the couch watching tv, horizontal, but too darn lazy to make the effort to get up and get to bed...

Happy New Year, guys! :):cool:

My mother used to sit by the fire, exhausted, and mutter, " I wish I was in bed.."

My! That is going back a bit isn't it! Half a century..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

New Year Blessings!

Well, I was woken at precisely midnight - by a cat fight outside!

Exquisite timing!

An intruder-moggie, maybe seeking to first foot! We saw it off

So I called home, had a feast , and am about to try and crash again.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Managed to sleep my way through new year's eve, so am wide awake and bushy tailed for the first day if the new year!

Happy New Year all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy New Year Bubbles :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Super enjoying the electric blanket this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Couchside with fhe family. Finishing off the roses, quality st, heroes etc....
    Watching the movie Soul, this very good.

Watching horse racing and betting with Quality street :D. Big gambler I am :D

An absolutely gorgeous day here today, sunny, blue skies and warm ish. I'm only just showered and dressed, lazy day, feeling good about the New Year, I'm sure that will change rapidly Monday morning but in the meantime I'm going to eat,drink and be merry.

I’m just saying Comedy Central Friends : Duvet Day is on :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m just saying Comedy Central Friends : Duvet Day is on :D

Please elaborate Auto, is it some angelic, good living pioneer? 😛

Absolutely stuffed here, leftover dinner is the best. Walked to the shop earlier, the amount of rubbish around is ridiculous, naggins everywhere, the dog walkers obviously didn't bother with the poo bags today, complete joke. And then the icecream van around also, surely he should be banned during lockdown, dirty even in normal times with the coins etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On the work trundle again. Streets are silent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

On the work trundle again. Streets are silent..

1700+ cases today and Prof Nolan saying that 9000+ will be added to the figures in the next few days...no wonder streets are deserted... we'll be boarding up our house windows by Monday

Please elaborate Auto, is it some angelic, good living pioneer? ��

Absolutely stuffed here, leftover dinner is the best. Walked to the shop earlier, the amount of rubbish around is ridiculous, naggins everywhere, the dog walkers obviously didn't bother with the poo bags today, complete joke. And then the icecream van around also, surely he should be banned during lockdown, dirty even in normal times with the coins etc.

I went for a walk this afternoon and saw similar. Dog crap everywhere and loads walked in.:eek: Lots of cans and bottles around the stuffed bins. Must of been some mad drinking on the streets last night. RE: The dog crap, I've noticed it being a bigger problem over the last few months. Maybe new Covid doggie owners who are stupid fookers.

Anyway the girls are looked after here so I can shoot the breeze under my disco lights with a jar and tunes. A self entitled party for one.:D

Couchside. Frozen solid after being out. Anyone making tea? Or better yet, hot whiskeys??

• Advertisement

Bugger, plenty of frost on the ground here, penguined it up to work..

I'll get the brews in (of any variety)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen side
    Couchside. Frozen solid after being out. Anyone making tea? Or better yet, hot whiskeys??
    Bugger, plenty of frost on the ground here, penguined it up to work..

I'll get the brews in (of any variety)

Why don't you ladies relax and I'll get the tae and hot whiskeys in

Hhmmmm .. should we be patronised by that ^^

I'm gonna go with no!

Yay! Hot whiskey please!

Well now Seph, don't mind if i do, tae please, strong enough for a mouse to trot on but a decent slug of milk too.

Boards is a touch broken, has it got the covid?

Well now Seph, don't mind if i do, tae please, strong enough for a mouse to trot on but a decent slug of milk too.

Boards is a touch broken, has it got the covid?

Boards is usually broken when people really need it. A bit like the HSE. :D Hard to be happy today with all the Covid meltdown news. Not even the beers are working.:rolleyes:

Hhmmmm .. should we be patronised by that ^^

I'm gonna go with no!

Ahhh......ok then......you can make them so :D:D

• Advertisement

Stuck to the couch with baileys and brandy delighted with life :D

Nooooo. I said no it's not patronising!!!!!!!!!

I'll take a hot whiskey as well :)

Nooooo. I said no it's not patronising!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh major brain fart moment :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

couchside with the cat :)

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A bit like the HSE. :D Hard to be happy today with all the Covid meltdown news. Not even the beers are working.:rolleyes:

Totally agree with ya G, I was down the park and the place was jointed with people, I was constantly trying to swerve past people,people taking up the footpath chatting to each other, no social distancing being observed,my biggest fear is my mam and dad getting it, there both early 70's, I've warned my mam not to go near any shops, me and little brother will go and told my dad not to be getting close to people when out for his walk, its too dangerous, I was thinking in the end why did I even bother coming down here couldn't even enjoy my walk.

You're right too Seph. This new variant seems to spread ridiculously easily and the wording "it's absolutely rampant in the community" can't be taken lightly. I'm just glad it's 5km from home and not 2km so I can still go for decent walks with the doggos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

.... I'm just glad it's 5km from home and not 2km so I can still go for decent walks with the doggos.

B B b b uuuuttt

Walking doggos = essential journey

0lddog wrote: »
    B B b b uuuuttt

:D good luck with that

Totally agree with ya G, I was down the park and the place was jointed with people, I was constantly trying to swerve past people,people taking up the footpath chatting to each other, no social distancing being observed,my biggest fear is my mam and dad getting it, there both early 70's, I've warned my mam not to go near any shops, me and little brother will go and told my dad not to be getting close to people when out for his walk, its too dangerous, I was thinking in the end why did I even bother coming down here couldn't even enjoy my walk.

I hear ya Seph. At least you are doing your best. Keep it up and do your own thing to keep loved ones and yourself as safe as possible. Oh...and apart from modding "those" threads, don't read them!

I understand your worry for your mam and dad Seph. Being outside is far far safer to being in when it comes to transmission.

0lddog wrote: »
    B B b b uuuuttt

Welcome back :) Although I thought you already were :D

Had to make my own tae *stares daggers at Seph*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Favourite chair, watching Eastenders on the telly.

Super chilled day today, as is the norm for New Years Day. Have to pop out in a short while to get ciggies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Having a coffee here ,with two little apple sponge things with fresh cream . Didn't eat any dessert at all over Christmas!
    There's four left if anyone would like one :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement