Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grumpy's Dr called back and is referring him to a private surgeon as urgent. Was horrified when I described the outcome of the last A&E visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Grumpy's Dr called back and is referring him to a private surgeon as urgent. Was horrified when I described the outcome of the last A&E visit.

That's really good news, hopefully you will get an appointment soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Great news! Hopefully it gets sorted ASAP, it's ridiculous to have to make repeat visits to A&E in a pandemic.

Great news! Hopefully it gets sorted ASAP, it's ridiculous to have to make repeat visits to A&E in a pandemic.

It's also clear from the level of pain Dad's in and the frequency with which its popping out, that it has to be dealt with. The surgical team in KUH are being downright negligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just ate the last of the chocolate that I brought with me, diet time tomorrow :):):)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Up, dinner packed, ready for work trundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

When I got home around 3pm today, Christmas had ended. Not a tree or light to be found in the house. Nada. It was raining too. No Christmassy frost. The only reminder are all the goodies left over.:D Tomorrow I'm apparently clearing out wardrobes.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kitchenside making dinner now

Numbers are scary tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Covid test all done, brought a slight tear to my eye....back home now and enjoying an Odell barrel aged coconut chocolate stout... craft beer w"nker alert! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Autosport wrote: »
    Kitchenside making dinner now

Numbers are scary tonight

At least your not living in Dublin!

Jaysus it's a disaster.

Covid test all done, brought a slight tear to my eye....back home now and enjoying an Odell barrel aged coconut chocolate stout... craft beer w"nker alert! :)

That requires some sturdy taste buds. Hope you get the result soon and its negative.

Just got a call from cousin in UK. Uncle was having a procedure today and Grumpy has been very down and anxious about it all day. All went well with uncle and he"s doing fine, due home tomorrow. When my cousin wrang him the first thing he said was "Phone "Grumpy' and tell him I'm grand"!

On a positive note, if you can taste aged coconut chocolate stout, chances are your test will be negative.

smurfjed wrote: »
    On a positive note, if you can taste aged coconut chocolate stout, chances are your test will be negative.

That's a good point actually :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've been eating things like smelly cheese and garlic sausage just to keep check on my taste buds :o

I've been eating things like smelly cheese and garlic sausage just to keep check on my taste buds :o

On the plus side, you won't have to convince people to maintain a 2 metre distance.

• Advertisement

On the plus side, you won't have to convince people to maintain a 2 metre distance.

Ooh added insurance to resting bitch face, excellent :pac:

Lol, I poured an extra large glass earlier and I could definitely taste it, the lengths we have to go to for our health. 😂

Coconut chocolate stout sounds horrible

Couchside watching Heartbeat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Married At First Sight Australia on here , it's on E4 .
    Best of luck to those waiting to get tested or waiting on results . Stay as safe as possible folks .

Deskside arranging layers and a heat patch. Real attractive :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It definitely is onion weather out there.

As many layers as you can muster & one for luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

Why is everyone freaking out about the weather? My weather station is showing an outside temperature of nearly 3 degrees above freezing. Compared to yesterday, that's positively tropical :pac:

Anyway, tableside after the first full day back at work and I haven't strangled anyone yet. 2021 might not be too bad after all...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Tis a touch colder here!. Plus complaining is good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

Tis a touch colder here!. Plus complaining is good. :)

No need to tell me ;) I'm German, complaining is hard-coded into our national DNA :D

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

thomil wrote: »
    Why is everyone freaking out about the weather? My weather station is showing an outside temperature of nearly 3 degrees above freezing. Compared to yesterday, that's positively tropical :pac:

I just went for my nightly walk... basically skidded up the road and back, all the neighbours got a good view of me walking like a penguin, absolutely baltic out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside happy out that I get a free pass tomorrow in the last person standing game in forum games because I gave the closest unique number :D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, watching the Jason Bourne film on the TV.

Was out for a good walk earlier. Absolutely bitter out there. Snow is forecast. ⛄️ ❄️☃️☃️☃️❄️

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Married At First Sight Australia on here , it's on E4 .
    Best of luck to those waiting to get tested or waiting on results . Stay as safe as possible folks .

Just finished watching it, delighted it's back, that's my evenings sorted for the foreseeable, I'd say it's going to be great, lots of Divas.

I know it's not as cold tonight, no frost outside but my feet won't heat up, also I'm going to have a shower later because I couldn't face it in the morning, wfh from now on so will drag myself from the leaba with minutes to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just finished watching it, delighted it's back, that's my evenings sorted for the foreseeable, I'd say it's going to be great, lots of Divas.

I know it's not as cold tonight, no frost outside but my feet won't heat up, also I'm going to have a shower later because I couldn't face it in the morning, wfh from now on so will drag myself from the leaba with minutes to spare.

Aye , good to have something to distract us on TV , looks like there will be a few fireworks on the way !

Time for some caffeine, the nap attack feeling is strong :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Oh I like that excuse! Must use it for my next cheese binge. Would crackers raise suspicion I wonder?

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Oh I like that excuse! Must use it for my next cheese binge. Would crackers raise suspicion I wonder?

Crackers are necessary to transport the cheese in an efficient manner to ones mouth of course!.

Wouldn’t be a fan of cheese now at all, it’s ok in a toastie but that’s as far as it goes

Morning all :). Bedside

Gah, tis but a thimble of tea Auto!. Deskside trying not to watch the clock :o

It will defrost yourself as it’s -1 here ;)

I drink from large insulated mugs mostly because I'm a tae glutton ;)

Working.
    Not too cold here at all. When I was in the Balkans it went to -24 one week, and Finland was always cold in winter, always minus degrees.
    So long as it doesn't rain, it's grand by me :)

Thankfully no breeze, things were a touch easier this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Working with tae.

The word working is a very loose description.

• Advertisement

It was way too cold for me to go walking this morning, +14C :):):)

My cunning plan to go see a stage of the DAKAR RALLY on Tuesday has crumbled, company has changed their attitude from “chaps please stay in the hotel”, to “chaps stay in the hotel or be fired”.

Following the colonels in the dakar but nothing televised just stats site..

Car is going in for a service and I have to try and stop my wandering eye, sooo much beautiful vehicles around me :D

Finally managed to get Grumpy out for a stroll. Had to cut it short as it was still too frosty underfoot, but at least he got out moving in the fresh air for a few minutes, he badly needed it mentally. God knows when he'll get his next trot round.

Negative for covid.... tested and results inside 23 hours... credit where it's due, fantastic turnaround in these horrific times for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Great news on the negative test. Keep safe. Do you still need to isolate?

wildwillow wrote: »
    Great news on the negative test. Keep safe. Do you still need to isolate?

Not isolate... but restrict movements...tbf I hadn't left the house since NYE afternoon anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Not isolate... but restrict movements...tbf I hadn't left the house since NYE afternoon anyways

Thats good news. I am waiting for my results but the loss of taste and smell kinda tells me what the results will be. Trsco and Supervalue have no delivery slots until next Tuesday. We might be going hungry between now and then.

Thats good news. I am waiting for my results but the loss of taste and smell kinda tells me what the results will be. Trsco and Supervalue have no delivery slots until next Tuesday. We might be going hungry between now and then.

There's a load of other viruses around at the moment, you may not have it ..I'd no sense of taste either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Your local community probably has a response committee that offer to do shopping for people in your situation.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement