Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I did a top up shop today on basics like bread, milk and spuds. Well stocked on everything else since before Christmas anyway. Quiet enough around the place apart from two checkpoints. I drove to Belfast and back yesterday and didn't even see a police car.:eek:

The little seeds of work at the start of this year have been blown away in a strong Covid wind. Ah well. Therefore Tuesday can become Friday and I'm having a beer after all the negative emails. Bottoms up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Met the gritter on the way home, it’s a cold one out there :)

Had a lovely look at this beautiful baby :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are you buying it Auto? You could be Catwoman to Dave's Batman.

Guess where I am?

Go on ...

At home obviously. :(

Are you buying it Auto? You could be Catwoman to Dave's Batman.

Guess where I am?

Go on ...

At home obviously. :(

I was going to guess you were outside Dave’s cave ;)

Nah I’m looking at a more modern car but that one has a serious engine in it :)

Autosport wrote: »
    I was going to guess you were outside Dave’s cave ;)

Nah I’m looking at a more modern car but that one has a serious engine in it :)

No one knows the location of the Batcave!

Ooh, what car? Make me jealous. :p

No one knows the location of the Batcave!

Ooh, what car? Make me jealous. :p

A Mercedes :D I have expensive taste :D

A Mercedes :D I have expensive taste :D

Ooh, I'm jelly!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Following Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I felt my ears burning :D

Couchside trying to stay out of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I felt my ears burning :D

Couchside trying to stay out of trouble.

There's a new paint open now.
    Are you in?!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

There's a new paint open now.
    Are you in?!

I guess so!

Nice car Auto!! Another Nazi Sled!

Nothing has been signed yet

It’s only a matter of time :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside relaxing after getting back home from my recovery aftercare group. Very, very cold tonight. Heating cranked up to the max! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Nothing has been signed yet

It’s only a matter of time :D

That sounds ominous :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In bed waiting for nine o clock so I can call gp, feckin back has gone very bad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

In bed waiting for nine o clock so I can call gp, feckin back has gone very bad :(

Have you anything for it yet? I find tiger balm good but it might not be strong enough right now. Hot water bottle anyway I hope on the worse bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm as sorted as I can be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Beautiful blue sky day, hello all :)

Dog had me up early, think he was lonely!!

Grem, valium and anti inflammatory drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fathom wrote: »
    Following Ted.

Make sure you adhere to social distancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Fathom wrote: »
    Following Ted.

Have you stayed within 5k?

Cuddling on the couch with notourdog

The best cure for all ailments.

How's your back?

The best cure for all ailments.

How's your back?

Little better, waiting on call back from doc's office..

How's tricks with you?

Ah sure grand!

• Advertisement

It's a lovely day over here at least. Went for a little potter about earlier when I could.

Evening all :) Very quiet here today, I’ve been a busy little girl, cleaning and cooking :)

Kitchen side

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Favourite chair, watching the RTÉ news on the telly. Grim viewing, as I expected. The Covid infection rates are going right through the roof.:(

And me coming down with a rotten head cold. At least, that’s what I hope it is. Still in my PJs and going to take it easy and just potter around.

Couchside. Back to working from home and just did a workout from home.
    Also back to ignoring the news, it's better that way. I just caught myself peering at both Irish TV and at US electoral certification theatre between my fingers. :eek:

Off to chill in the bath and watch few episodes of Frasier.
    I dreamt of a shiny new Benz coupe last night :)

In my lounge wear all day. :D

Tomorrow I'll start up my tech desk for some work. I got the email this morning. It's only about two days graft due to a group testing positive and sick since last week. If any of you remember my post about two weeks ago, these guys were in a Dublin city centre hotel that I was dropping keys back to. On the lash. Place was packed, while the Gardai gave me grief for being double parked.:rolleyes:

Taking the work/money with no guilt as everything else seems off the cards for now.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Tomorrow I'll start up my tech desk for some work. I got the email this morning. It's only about two days graft due to a group testing positive and sick since last week. If any of you remember my post about two weeks ago, these guys were in a Dublin city centre hotel that I was dropping keys back to. On the lash. Place was packed, while the Gardai gave me grief for being double parked.:rolleyes:

Taking the work/money with no guilt as everything else seems off the cards for now.

Good for you G. Would be extra good if you could charge them extra given the short nature of the gig? :)

I do remember that post. I had a similar scenario with some friends that exact same day - they were laughing at me being so hyper careful ( I wouldn't go for outdoor pints). And today guess what I hear... Muppets.
    *In fairness any of us could just get unlucky at any time, but you know. Too many were just asking for it over the holidays.

Hope you feel better soon, Jupiter and I hope Trigger got good news.

I'm frozen here, heating on full whack and the house is still cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Yo Fathom, great to see you post. Hope this year better for you.

You need to do more of this :)
    smurfjed wrote: »
    Have you stayed within 5k?

Given what I'm hearing fom LA, anyone in SOCAL gets a free pass :)

I'm
    here - not saying in case the Boards travel police see my IP address :D

Snap Cali!

I was glitched out until I posted, but I was going to tell G to charge them extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Snap Cali!

I was glitched out until I posted, but I was going to tell G to charge them extra.

Normally post with full browser ... no glitch issues. Dug up a windows phone that used to be grand with boards - now useless... but works fine on other sites

Boo! to the techs in Boards towers

Its alright guys! I slapped on 20%. Feck em. Desperate times and all that.

0lddog wrote: »
    Normally post with full browser ... no glitch issues. Dug up a windows phone that used to be grand with boards - now useless... but works fine on other sites

Boo! to the techs in Boards towers

Happy New Year Old dog :) good to see you back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Its alright guys! I slapped on 20%. Feck em. Desperate times and all that.

Good for you, Gran! I remember that post and how upset it made me, knowing full well that it signalled the sh1tstorm we now find ourselves in. Enjoy the extra 20%. Call it a gobschite tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Watching CNN (well he is , I'm sure I could find something more entertaining :) )

America showing itself as the place of dreams once again.

Watching CNN (well he is , I'm sure I could find something more entertaining :) )

America showing itself as the place of dreams once again.

I can't tear my eyes away from it. They're mad. Is this the worst thing Trump's done??

• Advertisement

I've recently entered a pharmaceutical bubble from necessity, what am I missing State side. Should I just stay in my bubble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm untangling two sets of intertwined Christmas lights.
    I could have put them away until next Christmas but I'm biting the bullet now.
    Two hours I'm at it :(

To thine own self be true

I'm untangling too sets of intertwined Christmas lights.
    I could have put them away until next Christmas but I'm biting the bullet now.
    Two hours I'm at it :(

Mine are kaput, so I get to chuck em in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I've recently entered a pharmaceutical bubble from necessity, what am I missing State side. Should I just stay in my bubble?

Trump supporters storm the capitol building.... Armed insurrection...1 woman shot inside as they tried to breach ..she looks like she's proper fcked from the video... Trump has caused this and needs to be removed immediately

Trump supporters storm the capitol building.... Armed insurrection...1 woman shot inside as they tried to breach ..she looks like she's proper fcked from the video... Trump has caused this and needs to be removed immediately

Yup this ^^
    And Trump called for them to do it. I mean you'd think now, with how out of control it's gotten, he'd get on his much loved twitter and say 'alright lads, time to head home'.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Good for you, Gran! I remember that post and how upset it made me, knowing full well that it signalled the sh1tstorm we now find ourselves in. Enjoy the extra 20%. Call it a gobschite tax.

It was a mad day. I had to go to Dublin as for tech reasons I couldn't do it from home. I only got the gig because others wanted to go on the piss that day. I even tried for a McDonald's at lunch time and that wasn't possible due to a very very long delivery time.Can't believe it was a little over two weeks ago.:eek: But yeah, when I delivered the keys to the hotel, I was really taken aback by the scenes. A Wedding too! Then all this crap kicks off.:rolleyes: At least I can do this job from my home office in my PJs,(Lounge wear):D

Yup this ^^
    And Trump called for them to do it. I mean you'd think now, with how out of control it's gotten, he'd get on his much loved twitter and say 'alright lads, time to head home'.

Unlikely, as this was what he wanted. I've just had a look at the CNN feed. I'm staying in my bubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Don't jinx it mam!

I think I jinxed it Buile :(
    Onwards and upwards from here on in !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think I jinxed it Buile :(
    Onwards and upwards from here on in !

I can't remember what I was referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

In circles. Following Ted while Ted follows me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement