Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I can't remember what I was referring to.

When I said I hoped this ear would be better , that it couldn't get any worse ....

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    When I said I hoped this ear would be better , that it couldn't get any worse ....

Oooh.

Yeah you jinxed it big time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Trying to stay warm. Freezing here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I think I jinxed it Buile :(
    Onwards and upwards from here on in !

Have a cup of Tae and a smoke Mam. Maybe some cake too, I'm sure the fire is burning there and you guys are comfy. What more can we do. I'm cooling the jets now after angry emails today. Tomorrow I do the work and take the dough. It's a pity that it has come to this, but so be it. Watching the USA meltdown too.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Glenn Frey 'The Heat Is On' should warm you up ;)

• Advertisement

I filled the tank to the brim last April when oil prices collapsed along with my income. Seems like a good idea now. It's still half full and banging away here keeping the house warm. I really feel for homes that may not be able to afford it now. There are lots of them for various reasons. That makes me a bit sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fathom wrote: »
    In circles. Following Ted while Ted follows me.

Circle of life ;)

Couchside looking a million dollars :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Go "Flashdancing" Ted. That's a place to warm you up. Or find someone to super-ZOT you. :D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Have a cup of Tae and a smoke Mam. Maybe some cake too, I'm sure the fire is burning there and you guys are comfy. What more can we do. I'm cooling the jets now after angry emails today. Tomorrow I do the work and take the dough. It's a pity that it has come to this, but so be it. Watching the USA meltdown too.:D

True G , nothing we can do , we continue on dealing with this crazy world that we're in at the minute . America , gez , as if they weren't in enough dire straits as it is .
    We're healthy , , hope all went well for your Dad btw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Glenn Frey 'The Heat Is On' should warm you up ;)

Good choice of tune J!

• Advertisement

True G , nothing we can do , we continue on dealing with this crazy world that we're in at the minute . America , gez , as if they weren't in enough dire straits as it is .
    We're healthy , , hope all went well for your Dad btw :)

My Dad was told he deffo needs a hip replacement and it will be done in Belfast subject to restrictions. One more visit for pre op bloods etc and then by early March for the big job. He may have a little limp after it, but no more pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yup this ^^
    And Trump called for them to do it. I mean you'd think now, with how out of control it's gotten, he'd get on his much loved twitter and say 'alright lads, time to head home'.

I think he has just told them to head home.

It's 16:40 with a 18h curfew so he's not really telling them something they didn't already know.

There's a lack of masks too, which I think is bonkers from a facial recognition point alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Things Stateside are very scary tonight.
    I dont usually pray but I will tonight for this situation.

To thine own self be true

My Dad was told he deffo needs a hip replacement and it will be done in Belfast subject to restrictions. One more visit for pre op bloods etc and then by early March for the big job. He may have a little limp after it, but no more pain.

Excellent G , that's a great outcome and not a long wait either in fairness . It'll be a new lease of life for him with no pain once he's recovered:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Things Stateside are very scary tonight. I dont usually pray but I will tonight for this situation.
    Good advice. Best place not to go. If you are going someplace. DC problems. Covid out-of-control.

Excellent G , that's a great outcome and not a long wait either in fairness . It'll be a new lease of life for him with no pain once he's recovered:)

He's hobbling around and in pain so the sooner the better. I really hope he gets something out of it and maybe this year I get to have a few pints with him too! We missed so much fun last year. I guess we all have.

Things Stateside are very scary tonight.
    I dont usually pray but I will tonight for this situation.

I have to be honest, I giggled when I saw the dude sprawled across the "chairmans" chair (I don't follow politics so not up with the correct terms)

For a country with such a strong military presence, it seems farcical that that would happen.

I would have expected them to be shot/restrained immediately.

Evening all. It really is a complete s***show at the moment. I'm just trying to focus on my own house and not thinking about everything else that's going on, I can see some of my friends are really getting extremely anxious and I just don't want to go down that road, I'm concerned but remaining as positive as possible.

I went out for a long walk after work, I passed a big playground and it was packed, I honestly presumed they would be closed, not a mask in sight and groups of adults chatting away while the kids were playing, if I hadn't seen it myself I really wouldn't believe it. What has really annoyed me through lockdowns is the constant ranting about the youngsters by adults who blatantly break every rule themselves.

I also went into the graveyard and there were a few bunches of daffodils on one grave in full bloom, I wouldn't have believed that either unless I saw it lol, they were the very short ones and so lovely, I then treated myself to a takeaway coffee which is becoming a habit every day but I actually look forward to it.
    I'm loving the weather these days, it's very cold but the afternoons are great for walking, bit of a stretch there also, spring is on the way and hopefully things will pick up for us all. Couchside, watching Gogglebox and having a Rockshore.

I also went into the graveyard and there were a few bunches of daffodils on one grave in full bloom, I wouldn't have believed that either unless I saw it lol, they were the very short ones and so lovely,l. Couchside, watching Gogglebox and having a Rockshore.

My inherited daffs (if they belonged to me they would have died in the first season) were blooming the week before Christmas.... overachievers

Is that a new season of gogglebox? Wasn't sure if repeat?

I fecked the lights out in the end.
    I got down to the nitty gritty part but the tangle was too much.
    I'm just going to buy one set next year with more lights.

• Advertisement

My inherited daffs (if they belonged to me they would have died in the first season) were blooming the week before Christmas.... overachievers

Is that a new season of gogglebox? Wasn't sure if repeat?

A repeat but I hadn't seen it, Tadgh and granny are on it, love them. The UK celebrity one is a repeat also. Married at First Sight started this week, on every night and it's great, chewing gum for the brain lol.

I fecked the lights out in the end.
    I got down to the nitty gritty part but the tangle was too much.
    I'm just going to buy one set next year with more lights.

Haha I honestly didn't know what you were referring to for a second. I thought you were saying you turned the lights off and got down to the nitty gritty and I was like.. woah woah woah TMI! Lol

A repeat but I hadn't seen it, Tadgh and granny are on it, love them. The UK celebrity one is a repeat also. Married at First Sight started this week, on every night and it's great, chewing gum for the brain lol.

I'm trying to cut back on the tv, failing miserably....I could achieve so much if I was away from screens.....so not starting on married at first sight :)

Haha I honestly didn't know what you were referring to for a second. I thought you were saying you turned the lights off and got down to the nitty gritty and I was like.. woah woah woah TMI! Lol

I feckin wish, Buile. But sure who'd have me?! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside happy out, survived last man standing for another day :D and came 5th in the peehs music game :D

Lol well I don't know but I thought you were getting tangled in the sheets with someone.

Deskside happy out, survived last man standing for another day :D

Me too! Woohoo!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

There is someone out there for everyone maybe for you it’s a Blue Mountain or perhaps a Black Mountain ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lol well I don't know but I thought you were getting tangled in the sheets with someone.

4be44f964f06155ed1155781df3e4d10.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Duvet Day, what a lovely post about the daffodils and your take away coffee and daily walk. A lovely positive post (aside from the morons in the playground and I dont mean the little ones!)
    I'm also watching Married at first sight and I'm hooked. My life has become so sad that it's now the highlight of my day:)
    Mad how nearly if not all the Australian women have loads of surgery! The hairdresser Asian one can barely move her head for botox and then I saw her age 32!! What the hell...she looks well older than that, I honestly thought late 40s.
    Sorry to drag the thread off topic but it's just such a great show:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Hope you feel better soon, Jupiter and I hope Trigger got good news.

I'm frozen here, heating on full whack and the house is still cold.

Trigger got the news that he has the virus. Still sick but not too bad and will be recovered soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Trigger got the news that he has the virus. Still sick but not too bad and will be recovered soon.

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better ..
    Well, on the bright side... new research believes you can be immune for up to 8 months after catching it....so you can go beyond 5k when you're better ;)

Oh no, look after yourself....did you say you were close contact or did you just pick it up (you don't have to answer obviously :) )

Hope you feel better soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Oh no, look after yourself....did you say you were close contact or did you just pick it up (you don't have to answer obviously :) )

Hope you feel better soon :)

No close contact and I have no idea where I got it. We stuck to the rules. I got it from grocery shopping or walking in the park. It really is very contagious.

Hopefully you recover quickly Trigger, mind yourself. x

@Porklife..we said the exact same thing about that girl, she looks way older, the surgery is awful, one to watch as she's a handful, hubby seems lovely, I'd definitely take him.
    Heidi is gorgeous but he's full of himself imo, sparks will fly there. I really look forward to it every day, I record it and start watching it after about 45 mins, the ad breaks are very long.

Still couchside here, just went outside for a smoke , its frosty but a gorgeous night, definitely seems less cold than previous nights imo.
    I'm taking a half day tomorrow so feel like I can stay up later tonight, still have all the decorations and tree up here, hoping I get tangled up in sheets when I take the down.

• Advertisement

No close contact and I have no idea where I got it. We stuck to the rules. I got it from grocery shopping or walking in the park. It really is very contagious.
    Sorry Trig. That really is disheartening because like you, myself and my family stuck really rigorous to the rules so it just shows us all.
    I hope you will bounce back quickly.

The not knowing where you picked it up is the scary thing isn't it......I knew you had been sticking to the rules.

Hope mrs trigger and lil trigger are ok too :)

That is frightening, look after yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just gone bedside. Pondering about what a crazy world we are living in. Best wishes to all who aren't feeling the best, esp trigger. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Duvet maybe we should start a thread over in the TV forum so we can dissect and bitch about all the couples:) Heidi is gorgeous but that player dude will tire of her super fast I reckon. He strikes me as someone who always feels he can do better no matter how awesome the girl he's with is.
    Sorry for dragging it off topic again all:)

Fridgeside for late night snack then bedside to hopefully sleep, last night barely got a wink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Its alright guys! I slapped on 20%. Feck em. Desperate times and all that.

You should have gone for 40%. Do you perchance need an agent? I can recommend me.

The boredom is unreal here, I'm sick to death of this bloody virus.

Oh, I'm at home by the way, for a change like. :rolleyes:

Fathom wrote: »
    In circles. Following Ted while Ted follows me.

Tedception. :eek:

You kick that virus in the balls for all of us! I hope you feel better soon and have no lingering effects, you're one of the good 'uns.

I'm now spamming the wherers thread, I missed a few hours and you all go mad posting. If I was negative I'd assume I scared you all away!

But I'm soooooo positive so I look forward to an online work meeting at 9 in the morning where we shall discuss, in great depth (no less,), a return to work as normal while pretending we're oblivious to the shıt hitting the fan at a rate the etiquette thread couldn't keep up with.

I'm also still effing freezing too, I need someone to cuddle up to for body heat.

It's a winter wonderland out there with snow !
    Be careful anyone out and about , it's easy to forget there was a harsh frost before the snow fell on it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sitting in the Batmobile waiting for my brother to do the morning walk. The snow is pretty cool to look at, light as it is, I always like to see it :D

I'm like a child here , just had a coffee while watching the snow fall, the place is completely white, it's gorgeous , I've a few hours work and then I'm free, tf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Wondering if I really need my job. Tis baltic out. Really just want to stay in bed.

White outside, not really snow though, the park will be lovely for our walk

I'm like a child here , just had a coffee while watching the snow fall, the place is completely white, it's gorgeous , I've a few hours work and then I'm free, tf.

Same here Duvet , it's beautiful and calm looking at it .
    Second mug of coffee here and the kitchen is cosy as I kept a fire going through the night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement