Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My poor car is still covered in snow :( but underneath it is freshly washed as it got a service on Tuesday and they washed it :D

I’m now stuck watching The Voice UK :) Garlic bread being consumed here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poochie, it's more or less like a giant sweet scone except baked in a bread tin . My mother used to make it and called it cake bread , so that's what I call it !
    Should be ready soon , I'll send some up to you !

Diamonds, if the club is The Manky Car Owners one , then I'm in :p

Dave , have your plate ready here , thank you !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Your poor car :(

House only gets cleaned when I've visitors :D

Love it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Poochie, it's more or less like a giant sweet scone except baked in a bread tin . My mother used to make it and called it cake bread , so that's what I call it !
    Should be ready soon , I'll send some up to you !

At one rental the lady up the lane used to make that.. delicious! With lots of butter.. Hers were round..

Will I book the ferry? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Jesus CHRIST PC! Sort yourself! And your gaff!

Thanks Mam! Will be down to sort the car when I’m allowed out without being shot by the government :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Visitors?? Hah! No one darkens our door :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Dave, are you a Monica from Friends by any chance?!

To thine own self be true

Visitors?? Hah! No one darkens our door :D

I know the feeling Grem.

#daveisbillynomatestoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My car was feckin spotless last early Monday morning.After Belfast and back it was manky. I actually ran out of window washer near home.:eek: Got it washed on Tuesday. I don't like a dirty car no matter the weather. But these days it doesn't leave the driveway much or too far.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm a firm believer in having a clean car ...

... I religiously get it washed (grudgingly) before every NCT. Sweet dreams Dave. :p

I can’t believe how many of yous there are! Actually, I kinda can, I see filthy cars all the time! So I’m just gonna start thinking it’s you lot driving around! :D

Car isn't dirty though, reg is clearly visible :)

I did notice a dent /scratch though off the passenger rear wheel / door only place it's been is supermarket so thinking a trolley...must look into that before it becomes a bigger problem .

Jesus CHRIST PC! Sort yourself! And your gaff!

Thanks Mam! Will be down to sort the car when I’m allowed out without being shot by the government :D

I know, my mother is absolutely ashamed of me. She can't come into the house without some form of judgement or comment.

Covid has been great she hasn't been allowed in (except Christmas day) since March.......silver lining n all that.

My sister is the opposite, she's like "Monica" she'll strip her bed in the middle of the night if the sheets get creased......life is too bloody short for that lark :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have a good balance of floordrobe and bedrobe going on, that'll do ;)

Calla and Dave should go on a date!

• Advertisement

Well we know the answer to the 'your place or mine' question already :D

Dave, are you a Monica from Friends by any chance?!

Ummmmm... ehhh... so it turns out I am a bit of a clean freak. Since my housemate moved out I’ve kinda gone a bit mad with the cleaning.. I just like things tidy! It’s good for the brain! :D does that excuse work??

And thanks Leggie! Another one I can add to the list! G, wash that car and get back on the right side of this! Even if it’s sitting in the drive!

I know, my mother is absolutely ashamed of me. She can't come into the house without some form of judgement or comment.

Covid has been great she hasn't been allowed in (except Christmas day) since March.......silver lining n all that.

My sister is the opposite, she's like "Monica" she'll strip her bed in the middle of the night if the sheets get creased......life is too bloody short for that lark :D

I've a sister like that. A pain in the arse. My mother passed on those mad habits. My gaff is clean but FFS it has to be liveable and not a feckin showhouse load of baloney. I couldn't live like that.

But my car is clean.:D

:D:D creased? Too much.. but uneven... I get...

jokes (sorta)

Confession time , my car isn't really manky :o
    (It gets washed every other week !)

The inside though is like a treasure trove , need salt or ketchup?
    Sachets in sandwich bag in the glove compartment, napkins, also there !
    Sealed spare masks, pens , jellies , the list is endless :D

• Advertisement

Soooo close... sooooooooo close Mam!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside scratching my head.......what's this cleaning yer all talking about :confused:

:pac:

Sephers has once again survived last man standing, awooohooo :D

Uh oh, trouble is in

My car is clean, it's always parked in the most remote space at shopping centres as far away from trolleys and other cars as possible no cloths used on the glass, kids were never allowed to touch the glass, no carwash place that uses a brush, never ever kerb the footpath even it means parking too far from it...the list goes on and its ingrained in my brain

My house on the other hand...well it's grand but if someone like Dave knocked at the door I'd hide behind the couch tbh.☺️

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Uh oh, trouble is in

Hey Gremlin!

That no way to address mam :mad:!

:pac::pac:

Snap!

I add to that list USB cables, a torch and yes a map, in case the internet breaks down in the middle of nowhere.

My car is clean, it's always parked in the most remote space at shopping centres as far away from trolleys and other cars as possible no cloths used on the glass, kids were never allowed to touch the glass, no carwash place that uses a brush, never ever kerb the footpath even it means parking too far from it...the list goes on and its ingrained in my brain

My house on the other hand...well it's grand but if someone like Dave knocked at the door I'd hide behind the couch tbh.☺️

I do the same in shopping centres :D:D

“Grand” is fine. Your grand could be my clean! Ha! It’s all relative isn’t it? Unless it’s a sty. Then it’s a sty :pac:

Seph , I've been called worse believe me :pac:

Uh uh Dave , so close to being manky? :(

Grandeeod, forgot the cables , they're there too , sons , torch is beside my bed lol , never thought of a map !
    Then again , I never drive too far anyway tbh :o

Seph , I've been called worse believe me :pac:

Uh uh Dave , so close to being manky? :(

Grandeeod, forgot the cables , they're there too , sons , torch is beside my bed lol , never thought of a map !
    Then again , I never drive too far anyway tbh :o

The mess inside! :D although, I guess having wee ones would add to it. My old car was sort of a mess inside, similar to G, cables and bits of computers. The boot was horrific, kinda like Monica’s secret room with all the stuff squished in :)

The mess inside! :D although, I guess having wee ones would add to it. My old car was sort of a mess inside, similar to G, cables and bits of computers. The boot was horrific, kinda like Monica’s secret room with all the stuff squished in :)

There is nothing in my boot apart from an umbrella and sometimes a pair of runners...this is all starting to sound a bit weird, we are all talking about cars ya?😂

• Advertisement

It would be like that episode of friends where ross goes on a date with a messy girl and Monica has to go over and clean her apartment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Autosport wrote: »
    Decided not having a takeaway and have a steak and chips on :)

Was so wrong on guessing who the masked singer was :D

Do you think Sausage is Stacy Solomon? The pink hammer was a giveaway. She is always doing DIY with it!

There is nothing in my boot apart from an umbrella and sometimes a pair of runners...this is all starting to sound a bit weird, we are all talking about cars ya?😂

Yeah the inside of the car is generally clean, it gets dusty but I don't eat in car so no takeaway containers.

The boot is generally empty bar a foot pump.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Evening all - just chilling on my sofa watching Billy Joel in concert on the TV after a very busy day doing a January clear out of the mountain of paperwork that was taking over my dining table.

Glad to have got most of it sorted.

My OH is religious about keeping the car clean and spotless. Even a CD lying on the back seat annoys him. :D

It's not a mess inside :eek:
    It's all contained in the glove compartment I'll have you know !!
    Am laughing here , my " wee ones " have their own wee ones now :D

Boot contains the jack and the thing I can't remember the name of that opens the nuts on the wheels .

Duvet , if it's not food or drink we're taking about , it's cats , now cars :D

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Do you think Sausage is Stacy Solomon? The pink hammer was a giveaway. She is always doing DIY with it!

Why sausage?

I don’t know I was completely wrong with swan, I’m thinking it’s Beverley Knight. Have you any Guesses??

Couchside watching Classic who wants to be a millionaire

Why sausage?

They celebs are all in costume and tonight’s sing off was between Sausage and Swan :)

They celebs are all in costume and tonight’s sing off was between Sausage and Swan :)

Ahhhhhhhhhh, thanks for clearing that up.. Only heard of the show through twitter and thought it was just a mask..

• Advertisement

I've just put on Oceans 8.
    Needed something light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I don’t know I was completely wrong with swan, I’m thinking it’s Beverley Knight. Have you any Guesses??

Couchside watching Classic who wants to be a millionaire

Most people are guessing Sheridan Smith but I'm convinced it's Stacey.

This is a lot of chats about cars alright! Surprised Grem or Seph haven’t sent us to the motors forum! :D
    It's not a mess inside :eek:
    It's all contained in the glove compartment I'll have you know !!
    Am laughing here , my " wee ones " have their own wee ones now :D

Ooooooos :D

Most people are guessing Sheridan Smith but I'm convinced it's Stacey.

I haven’t heard her sing before, hopefully one of us is right :D

I haven’t heard her sing before, hopefully one of us is right :D

Has this show been on for hours now?

I kind of like my dirty car because it reminds me of a life well lived :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

My car is always verrrrry durrrrrty.... :pac:

I gave it the Christmas wash this year. That was an event. :D

Has this show been on for hours now?

No it’s only an hour long :)

Night Grem and hope your back doesn’t act up and work isn’t too bad :)

I'm doing ok, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

In my fantasy world, pre-Covid, my truck was washed twice a day :):) the gardener did it before I went to work and the work car park car washers did it a second time. Would you believe that there is such a thing as washing a car too much.

Speaking of my truck, gotta see if the garage guy has found me a new engine or are we heading to a rebuild on this one.

Morning all :)

Hope you find a decent doner engine Smurf

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement