Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

Nearly there!
    Now, four days off :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

bubblypop wrote: »
    Nearly there!
    Now, four days off :)

Out at eight? Give us a lift home please ;)

7am this morning :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh lucky sod, safe home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I know, my mother is absolutely ashamed of me. She can't come into the house without some form of judgement or comment.

This reminds me of someone I knew decades ago. Newly married and when she saw mother in law coming down the drive she panicked and shoved the dirty dishes into the oven…

Yep; the nosy old ++++++ even opened the oven door... That poor girl!

People wonder why I keep the gate locked.. ;) I am not the tidiest of folk and am also often too unwell ;; choice between cook a meal or clear up? No contest!

My home; I make the running. Or crawling!! lol... It all gets done in my time and at my pace.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Seph , I've been called worse believe me :pac:

Uh uh Dave , so close to being manky? :(

Grandeeod, forgot the cables , they're there too , sons , torch is beside my bed lol , never thought of a map !
    Then again , I never drive too far anyway tbh :o

All you rich folk with cars... Sniff.. weep....

smurfjed wrote: »
    In my fantasy world, pre-Covid, my truck was washed twice a day :):) the gardener did it before I went to work and the work car park car washers did it a second time. Would you believe that there is such a thing as washing a car too much.

Speaking of my truck, gotta see if the garage guy has found me a new engine or are we heading to a rebuild on this one.

Morning all :)

Words fail!!! I would love even a mobility scooter but the paperwork … I NEED WHEELS! must stop reading these threads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Bedside, awake far too early, gonna be a long day today

(crazy cat lady here)

Bedside, awake far too early, gonna be a long day today

(crazy cat lady here)

Hopefully you can put on some quiet tunes and even just close your eyes for another while.

Hopefully you can put on some quiet tunes and even just close your eyes for another while.

Night and day are artificial manmade divisions...I sleep when I need etc . But then that is a privilege of old age...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Graces7 wrote: »
    Night and day are artificial manmade divisions...I sleep when I need etc . But then that is a privilege of old age...

Not true Graces :)
    Circadian rhythm
    In animals, melatonin plays an important role in the regulation of sleep–wake cycles.[44] Human infants' melatonin levels become regular in about the third month after birth, with the highest levels measured between midnight and 8:00 am.[45] Human melatonin production decreases as a person ages.[46] Also, as children become teenagers, the nightly schedule of melatonin release is delayed, leading to later sleeping and waking

Read more about Melatonin (hormone released during daylight hours slowly that peaks at night to aid natural sleep) here.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

Bedside, deciding what to do with my day. I’m not joking, I had a dream I was washing cars... :D:D

Dave I kept remembering the tree sap and feeling sad :o

I think a lot of people don't even realise the damage it does tbh.
    You know when you see a car that was originally red but now pink due to lack of care , now that's sad imo. Also my parents last car had hand prints on the passenger door due to my mam using sunscreen , honestly it was awful, it would definitely have given Dave nightmares.

I was looking at the choon thread last night and JK posted Blondie's Hanging on the Telephone , brought back great memories and a fab choon imo but mother of God the earworm, every time I woke during the night and all morning it's looping in my head, JK you owe me a nights sleep lol.

Bedside after a cappuccino, hot water bottle refilled, thinking I really need to get up and enjoy today as I think there's rain in the forecast, I know it's cold but these days are fab if you wrap up , better again if you have someone to wrap up to I'd say , heating is on so will attempt to leave the leaba shortly.
    Have a great day lads.

Not true Graces :)

Yes true dave lad! they are in the sense I was meaning it. We are expected to fit in with what society expects. Man made divisions. and expectations. regardless of hormones etc which society disregards. Rightly so .

So yes the divisions in the way I meant them are man made. I can disregard them as I have no obligations any more. Poor lady lying awake does not have that luxury.

We all know about eg melatonin but it has no bearing on the way most of us live or on our real sleep patterns,

I used to get viewed with suspicion for wandering the lanes in the early hours at one place I lived. Always wide awake in those hours. Regardless of the aspects you mention which are irrelevant to most of us eg night workers.
    Only hippies could live according to such rhythms.

Off to catch up on some more sleep. Slept ten hours already! Yawn!

That suck in my head too Grem, the poor car! Being left to be eaten by tree sap!

DD, you’ve convinced me to get up! I just saw it’s gonna rain for days! I have to get my kilometres in, I’m doing ray’s marathon challenge for the year in aid of Laura Lynn.

@ Graces, great points! Sorry, I picked you up incorrectly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Graces7 wrote: »
    All you rich folk with cars... Sniff.. weep....

Graces , far from rich believe me !
    Car is a necessity here , that's all .

Thaw on here , although there's a fog rolling in .
    On a definite go slow here this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Going for a walk with the minions. Been far too dangerous the last few days to go walking as we live in a rural location with no footpath or hard shoulder. Roads were lethal to wlak or drive on.
    Looking forward to getting some fresh air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I used to get viewed with suspicion for wandering the lanes in the early hours at one place I lived. Always wide awake in those hours.
    you would fit in wonderfully with my local culture, they are happy to wake up at sunset until dawn.

If I didn’t have a car, the mutt would kill me :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Thanks grem, I got a few more hours :)

• Advertisement

To reassure the concerns and worried heads. I spoke to my car this morning and it (being an actual sentient being) explained to me that its very happy and content. It understands that it is low down in the pecking order due to my love lying elsewhere and viewing it merely as a box with 4 wheels to get me from A to B.

:)

I want one decent sleep waaa waa waa waaaaaaa :(

To reassure the concerns and worried heads. I spoke to my car this morning and it (being an actual sentient being) explained to me that its very happy and content. It understands that it is low down in the pecking order due to my love lying elsewhere and viewing it merely as a box with 4 wheels to get me from A to B.

This actually made me laugh out loud. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finally the snow is gone and I can get out and about :)

Diamonds that’s great news :D

I’m now doing the big shop :)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

We need a separate thread for those who wash their cars more often than Halleys comet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

We need a separate thread for those who wash their cars more often than Halleys comet.

The great unwashed :D

Looking at my car now it's still all shiney, there's no splashes on the doors or back bumper (hatchback) it was washed in September, bonet is gleaming, no bird poop nothing.

The great unwashed :D

Looking at my car now it's still all shiney, there's no splashes on the doors or back bumper (hatchback) it was washed in September, bonet is gleaming, no bird poop nothing.

How is that even possible!!?????? I think you’re telling porkies PC!

How is that even possible!!?????? I think you’re telling porkies PC!

Cos I do very little driving. It's 5 yrs old and only just reaching 16k km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Or a poll.

To thine own self be true

Or a poll.

Do it!

PC, 16km in 5 years in seriously low. I park my car in a place that’s quite dusty and the fact the car is black... means constant cleaning...

Ok, I won’t talk about washing cars anymore.

I’m going to get my car washed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've finally taken the bastid tree down.

Yay! Its a positively balmy 6°. I'm heading out with the doggos for a walk. It was -2 on my walk yesterday and I felt my lungs were freezing. So today is quite the treat.

Do it!

PC, 16km in 5 years in seriously low. I park my car in a place that’s quite dusty and the fact the car is black... means constant cleaning...

Ok, I won’t talk about washing cars anymore.

I’m going to get my car washed now.

Yeah I know....my fuel injection system went last year when I was at the other end of the country that was fun...

Mine is black too

Yeah I know....my fuel injection system went last year when I was at the other end of the country that was fun...

Mine is black too

Misery. Nothing worse!

There was 4 cars ahead of me at the car wash, now I’m next in and the 4 behind me! Good car people :D

Misery. Nothing worse!

There was 4 cars ahead of me at the car wash, now I’m next in and the 4 behind me! Good car people :D

Yeah especially on a Saturday when garage was closing and doesn't open on Sundays or Mondays.

I had to get bus, train, luas, bus home and repeat the journey a week later to collect it....I was lucky that my brother in law was able to take it from that garage to bring it to the "main dealer" garage an hr away to get it certified or something.... Disaster!!!!

My 10 yr old fiesta did that trip up and back no bother on a fairly regular basis...

Yeah especially on a Saturday when garage was closing and doesn't open on Sundays or Mondays.

I had to get bus, train, luas, bus home and repeat the journey a week later to collect it....I was lucky that my brother in law was able to take it from that garage to bring it to the "main dealer" garage an hr away to get it certified or something.... Disaster!!!!

My 10 yr old fiesta did that trip up and back no bother on a fairly regular basis...

Jesus that’s an absolute disaster! Funny how the old cars are better.. or more reliable. My A4 gave me virtually no trouble for 10 years, the A5 has been torture, but it is behaving the last while (fingers crossed it stays that way!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hope you find a decent doner engine Smurf

I was kinda hoping that these guys would leave the chassis, engine and suspension for this little monster here. My body (truck) would probably fit it with some tie down straps. :)

539003.jpeg

Ooh Smurf I like your thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I dont believe a word of it...

I was a 'once a week washer'

Seems that changed around the time the glasses appeared

Now its rare that the ol' coche gets a splash of water. Equally its game over if I forget mi gafas

( allow me to, er, postulate ... Smurf & Batman no need glasses...&...just about everyone else does ? )

Deskside with the wireless, wondering what Olddog means by 'mi gafas' glasses perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Couch side with feet up watching tv. Sure what else can we do in lockdown.

Yay! Its a positively balmy 6°. I'm heading out with the doggos for a walk. It was -2 on my walk yesterday and I felt my lungs were freezing. So today is quite the treat.

Its a day of sun
    539023.jpg

Sea
    539025.jpg
    and snow
    539024.jpg

for me - got more or less soaked-side on the way back

(sorry for the mess - its a bit of a 'mare posting on this yoke)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

0lddog wrote: »
    Its a day of sun
    539023.jpg

Sea
    539025.jpg
    and snow
    539024.jpg

for me - got more or less soaked-side on the way back

(sorry for the mess - its a bit of a 'mare posting on this yoke)

The last snap looks like Teide on Tenerife from the north of the Island.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The last snap looks like Teide on Tenerife from the north of the Island.

¡Hola! de Icod

;)

Lots of REM music today :) Lots of Bowie later :):)

¡Hola! de Icod

;)

Lots of snow on her this winter!

Its just from the recent storm. Clear up to middle of last week

I'd say its like a 3dlife :D

Watching people skiing in the streets in Madrid has been a trip

• Advertisement

The winter view from the south was never that impressive but was worth a drive up beyond villaflor to throw snowballs in your shorts when it only pissed rain below! Good days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement