Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The cable car up Teide is frightening. I don't think I could face it again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That was a lovely soundtrack of REM and Bowie for the evening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Quiet here last night. Milder wet morning. Looking forward to getting home..

Hope the back is better Grem

bubblypop wrote: »
    Hope the back is better Grem

No change yet but early days.. You're up early?

• Advertisement

No change yet but early days.. You're up early?

Always up early!!
    Hot water bottle and straight to bed with you!

Just home, electric blanket and heat patch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all, heading deskside.
    Just got to ge a cup of coffee first:D
    Grem, hope your back is better, can be very sore
    Hope ye all have a good start to the week:)

Farm jobs done,fed,teeth cleaned

Think il go to beach for a walk & hopefully this is the last lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Hope all is well with everyone and your back isn’t giving you too much trouble Grem :)

Heading off for a nice long 5km walk now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Gooooood morning all! :D Happy Monday!

Workside, working. Epic skies this morning down the pier, nice start to the day :D

Grem, stick to the nest maybe with a generous measure of something tasty as a decent anesthetiser :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

https://instagram.com/rustography325?igshid=1midhlhrizewl

MetalDave, if you're on Insta, check this guy out.
    His photos are similar to yours, he seems to photo the same haunts as you.
    The one he took of Sorrento Road is gorgeous.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Day 1 of home schooling done.

Everyone is still alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Day 1 of home schooling done.
    it’s only 9:41am. What time did school start?

https://instagram.com/rustography325?igshid=1midhlhrizewl

MetalDave, if you're on Insta, check this guy out.
    His photos are similar to yours, he seems to photo the same haunts as you.
    The one he took of Sorrento Road is gorgeous.

That’s TOO funny PM, that’s my buddy Rusty. I was snapping away beside him when he took that last one down Sorrento!

smurfjed wrote: »
    it’s only 9:41am. What time did school start?

Maybe where you are but 12:41 when I finished....started at 12:30 :D

That’s TOO funny PM, that’s my buddy Rusty. I was snapping away beside him when he took that last one down Sorrento!

That's hilarious....so irish

That's hilarious....so irish

So true, PC!

Had to give him a buzz there to tell him about this :D

So true, PC!

Had to give him a buzz there to tell him about this :D

A nice lil complement for him too.

It came up as a suggestion in my Instagram and you were the first person I thought would like his page.
    Was thinking you'd get inspired by it but you're five steps ahead of me :D

• Advertisement

Operation find a car is ongoing, the problem is finding a car that isn’t just functional but lovable.

This is a serious contender, but alas its not available until the summer.

539109.jpeg

It came up as a suggestion in my Instagram and you were the first person I thought would like his page.
    Was thinking you'd get inspired by it but you're five steps ahead of me :D

Yeah, inDublin and a bunch of others shared his picture, I think that helps with “suggestions” he’s great at the ol hashtagging, me.. not so much! :D

Yeah, inDublin and a bunch of others shared his picture, I think that helps with “suggestions” he’s great at the ol hashtagging, me.. not so much! :D

Yea, I wouldnt have you down as hashing really :)

Yea, I wouldnt have you down as hashing really :)

You’d be correct :D

I guess that I have a weird sense of humour.
    Houthis threaten US if Washington does not retract its designation as a terrorist organization

I guess that I have a weird sense of humour.

What in the feck is the first word supposed to be?.

I'm in bed with my stories and oxtail soup. Had a look out the window. I saw rain and wind and.......the icecream van man......wut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In from out , not cold but just dreary with the rain !
    Coffee time now , with rich tea biscuits with butter :D

Is it ISIS?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

I'm in bed with my stories and oxtail soup. Had a look out the window. I saw rain and wind and.......the icecream van man......wut.

Oxtail soup and ice cream. A match made in heaven. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dave your friend has more followers now ;) some lovely photos he has :)

Mam I’d love a rich tea with butter biscuit ;) I think I have cream crackers so they’ll have to do for now.

Smurf what make of a vehicle is that? I’m liking it :)

Someone mention ice cream :D

I’m currently kitchenside deciding on dinner

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, working away.

Had a mountain of work emails to greet me this morning as I got back to the coalface after a well-deserved 3 week break over the Christmas. Just looking to get through these over the coming coupe of days.

On the plus side, I have my Zoom Yoga class at 6.30pm. :)

Workside, working. Bored out of my bracket :D

Ordered a new camera at lunchtime and have post spending anxiety... uuuggghhh it’ll be worth it tomorrow when it’s in my hands :pac:

Tunes wrecking my neighbours head - Guns N Roses, Use Your Illusion 1. LOUD!

Workside, working. Bored out of my bracket :D

Ordered a new camera at lunchtime and have post spending anxiety... uuuggghhh it’ll be worth it tomorrow when it’s in my hands :pac:

Tunes wrecking my neighbours head - Guns N Roses, Use Your Illusion 1. LOUD!

What camera did you buy?

Autosport wrote: »
    Smurf what make of a vehicle is that? I’m liking it :)

OJ Simpsons favorite vehicle, the FORD BRONCO.

• Advertisement

The are the side fighting against the USA in Yemen. US declared them as a terrorist organization and they basically are reported to have stated that they would attack the USA if they didn’t remove them from the list. Which is the part I found humorous.

What camera did you buy?

Nikon D810, “The Landscape King” apparently :D

The are the side fighting against the USA in Yemen. US declared them as a terrorist organization and they basically are reported to have stated that they would attack the USA if they didn’t remove them from the list. Which is the part I found humorous.

Ah learning, I'll be off down a rabbit hole reading now.

Haha we're so opposite I'm about to order the nikon 85 mm micro lens

Haha we're so opposite I'm about to order the nikon 85 mm micro lens

:D:D I jumped between about 4 cameras, but my buddy suggested this to me and just said , F*** it.. might as well. A micro lens??? What’s that? JUUUUST as I thought I’d got my head around lenses! Is that for super up close?

• Advertisement

:D:D I jumped between about 4 cameras, but my buddy suggested this to me and just said , F*** it.. might as well. A micro lens??? What’s that? JUUUUST as I thought I’d got my head around lenses! Is that for super up close?

Yup, it's weird, it's called micro for the macro function. I take alot of pictures of flowers and bees.

I was thinking of a telephoto lens, I pm'd one of the main contributors of the nature picture thread for their lens details.

I'm still on the fence but I do have a telephoto lens so not sure I can justify the 4 figure price tag especially when 90% of my photos are flowers the kids only make up about 5% and birds the other 5% .

Though to be fair I get great quality pics off the lens I have (in a I'll take 100 pics and 2 are lovely kinda way ) :D

Yup, it's weird, it's called micro for the macro function. I take alot of pictures of flowers and bees.

I was thinking of a telephoto lens, I pm'd one of the main contributors of the nature picture thread for their lens details.

I'm still on the fence but I do have a telephoto lens so not sure I can justify the 4 figure price tag especially when 90% of my photos are flowers the kids only make up about 5% and birds the other 5% .

Though to be fair I get great quality pics off the lens I have (in a I'll take 100 pics and 2 are lovely kinda way ) :D

4 figures is pricy alight! Have you looked at https://www.mpb.com/en-eu/ ? You probably have.. but I’ll leave the link there on the off chance. That’s where I got my camera from today.

2 good snaps out of 100!!?? I have to take 500 :D:D

Work trundle, feeling rough.

4 figures is pricy alight! Have you looked at https://www.mpb.com/en-eu/ ? You probably have.. but I’ll leave the link there on the off chance. That’s where I got my camera from today.

2 good snaps out of 100!!?? I have to take 500 :D:D

No never heard of the site before, I bought my camera from argos :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Tableside, just finished dancing through the apartment. The day turned out to be pretty good after all!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Tableside, just finished dancing through the apartment. The day turned out to be pretty good after all!

I don't know what you're referring to but... Yaaay!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Try check out the video on it Dave. The trade mags are raving about it in terms of it being a DSLR that allows for a run and gun approach due to controls being buttons as opposed to searching through the menu. Sorry, but I do the moving image.:D For me DSLRs can be a pain in the arse with settings if you just want to shout video randomly and quickly. But seriously you will get stunning video from it and your current cam.

Therefore we can wake up to stunning timelapse sun rises from you every morning.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »

Therefore we can wake up to stunning timelapse sun rises from you every morning.:D

Yaaay!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

I don't know what you're referring to but... Yaaay!!!! :)

Yeah, it was a bit out of context, I admit that :o

It's mostly work-related. Passed my end-of-year review, nailed a presentation I was dreading, and I can go on a company-financed shopping spree, all that after being shut down by a migraine for almost three days.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a bit out of context, I admit that :o

It's mostly work-related. Passed my end-of-year review, nailed a presentation I was dreading, and I can go on a company-financed shopping spree, all that after being shut down by a migraine for almost three days.

Ah then I repeat... Yaaaaaaaay!! :) It's great to see happy stuff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement