Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Couchside after a 11 hour day in work and then got soaked after a walk and it’s only Monday :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

thomil wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a bit out of context, I admit that :o

It's mostly work-related. Passed my end-of-year review, nailed a presentation I was dreading, and I can go on a company-financed shopping spree, all that after being shut down by a migraine for almost three days.

Sounds like an excellent day, well done :)

Now, what are you buying us?? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

No never heard of the site before, I bought my camera from argos :D

That is my kind of Princess :D

@Smurf, how does it compare to a RAM ?

On Topic : where I was yesterday but feet kicking up after 4+ hr trail duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

:eek:

Isnt that a Sephers line ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

0lddog wrote: »
    :eek:

Isnt that a Sephers line ?

I inspired Seph ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Try check out the video on it Dave. The trade mags are raving about it in terms of it being a DSLR that allows for a run and gun approach due to controls being buttons as opposed to searching through the menu. Sorry, but I do the moving image.:D For me DSLRs can be a pain in the arse with settings if you just want to shout video randomly and quickly. But seriously you will get stunning video from it and your current cam.

Therefore we can wake up to stunning timelapse sun rises from you every morning.:D

Putting the pressure on there G! :pac: I’ve never even attempted it on the current one and it’s 4K, but I assume the jumbo sensor on the 810 will make it look epic! I will try a timelapse for you guys! But you may have to just deal with extra detailed better sunrise shots until I suss it all out. What do you use G?

Couchside, second walk done. Watching Seinfeld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Putting the pressure on there G! :pac: I’ve never even attempted it on the current one and it’s 4K, but I assume the jumbo sensor on the 810 will make it look epic! I will try a timelapse for you guys! But you may have to just deal with extra detailed better sunrise shots until I suss it all out. What do you use G?

Couchside, second walk done. Watching Seinfeld.

I shoot on lots of stuff but very rarely a DSLR. I have a Panasonic HC-X1 she's a 4K job and a Sony HD 1000E which is just HD. All Video and suited to the work I do. But I've shot on the Panasonic G series (DSLR)for posh stuff and its a bitch as you have to reset everything once you shut the cam off. Your new cam doesn't do that. All that said I work with Video and its a different ball game to the still image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Did I hear that someone is buying the group snacks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Is that you Seph in disguise :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

All the Christmas stuff back up in the attic for another year ...
    Except for the white Christmas Tree in the porch :pac:
    I have decided it's going to be The Happy Tree , decorated in accordance with the seasons , special days . Sure why not ? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    All the Christmas stuff back up in the attic for another year ...
    Except for the white Christmas Tree in the porch :pac:
    I have decided it's going to be The Happy Tree , decorated in accordance with the seasons , special days . Sure why not ? :p

Johnny B from the 2 Johnnie's leaves one up all year too and mostly decorates it with Tipperary GAA stuff.
    Then at Christmas, he swops that for Christmas garb.

To thine own self be true

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I shoot on lots of stuff but very rarely a DSLR. I have a Panasonic HC-X1 she's a 4K job and a Sony HD 1000E which is just HD. All Video and suited to the work I do. But I've shot on the Panasonic G series (DSLR)for posh stuff and its a bitch as you have to reset everything once you shut the cam off. Your new cam doesn't do that. All that said I work with Video and its a different ball game to the still image.

Just googled them cameras, G. Totttaaallly different beasts all together! Look like they could be fun though!

Johnny B from the 2 Johnnie's leaves one up all year too and mostly decorates it with Tipperary GAA stuff.
    Then at Christmas, he swops that for Christmas garb.

I haven't a clue who he is , but great idea !
    I think I'll move it to the playroom outside in the Spring , decorate it for the kids , in the hopes of them one day being able to visit again !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I haven't a clue who he is , but great idea !
    I think I'll move it to the playroom outside in the Spring , decorate it for the kids , in the hopes of them one day being able to visit again !

They're a comedy duo/singers/tv 'celebs' from Cahir, Tipperary.
    One of them is always showing his 'Christmas' tree on Instagram.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside
    I inspired Seph ;)

I guess you could say Gremlin had pork for dinner because she's telling porkies about this!

Get it ?

Porkies = lies

*gets coat*

:pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Sounds like an excellent day, well done :)

We'll see what the budget allows after I'm done :pac:
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Well if you insist ;)

**puts a plate full of stroopwaffels onto the table

You're going to have to provide your own tea or coffee though, cause I'm just about to keel over. Started with performance review calls this morning at 8 and just finished the last one...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

*grabs the full plate of stroopwaffels*

See ya later losers!!!!

Hmm, I wonder if I should have mentioned the GPS tracker I taped to the plate? :pac:

Hmm, I wonder if I should have mentioned the GPS tracker I taped to the plate? :pac:

Wow! Who were you hoping to stalk?

• Advertisement

Genuinely lol !

Just trying to keep track of the plate in case it goes missing. Can't exactly pop down to IKEA these days and get a new one, you know ;)

Oh, and don't mind that red light slowly circling overhead :pac:

*waves at the red light*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

**puts a plate full of stroopwaffels onto the table

FOOD!

tenor.gif

FOOD!

tenor.gif

Do you think I'm gonna share with you????

Do you think I'm gonna share with you????

Well ..........ya

tenor.gif

If I was susceptible to puppy dog eyes I'd have three very fat doggos!

If I was susceptible to puppy dog eyes I'd have three very fat doggos!

tenor.gif

Awwwwwwwww soooo cute!!!!!

Now I feel awful for eating all the stroopwaffels!!

Oh well, time to reach for the „Seph“ reserve :pac:

*slides plate with stroopwaffel over to Sephers*

But that‘s the last load for you lot tonight. The rest is reserved for Grem!

• Advertisement

Dammit. Seph always ends up getting his way. :mad:

Oh well, time to reach for the „Seph“ reserve :pac:

*slides plate with stroopwaffel over to Sephers*

But that‘s the last load for you lot tonight. The rest is reserved for Grem!

If you want me and BB will guard gremlins batch :pac: we promise we won't eat them 😇😇 .............

Time for the spuds, all quiet on the western front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

0lddog wrote: »
    That

@Smurf, how does it compare to a RAM ?
    It doesn’t hit the streets until the spring, but with only a 2.2/2.5 litre engine, it certainly will have less poke than a RAM. THe super cool one will be the EV Hummer in 2022, but that starts at $100k.

This is such a peaceful and quiet time of the day (0630 my time). I have absolutely nothing to do today but I still cherish watching mornings start, it’s 8C outside so kinda glad I’m going no where.

Any stroopwaffels left?

smurfjed wrote: »
    It doesn’t hit the streets until the spring, but with only a 2.2/2.5 litre engine, it certainly will have less poke than a RAM. THe super cool one will be the EV Hummer in 2022, but that starts at $100k.

Always loved the idea of a dune buggy style vehicle, 2.5 would be pokey enough i'd imagine. Usually only see litre engines here, often bike engines

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Insomniac here. Tried for the past three hours to get into deep sleep but alas, no joy....

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Insomniac here. Tried for the past three hours to get into deep sleep but alas, no joy....

In the same boat lately, absolutely miserable, i sympathise.. Despite trying sleep hygiene, mindfulness, exercise and a whole host of things my mind just gets busy.. Hope it's a one off for you.

Always loved the idea of a dune buggy style vehicle, 2.5 would be pokey enough i'd imagine. Usually only see litre engines here, often bike engines

The doors do go back on as does the roof :):) As you can see from @dakar, I’m in a wonderful place for exploring (in the winter :)) so having a 4WD truck isn’t a necessity, but it is nice.

• Advertisement

The doors do go back on as does the roof :):) As you can see from @dakar, I’m in a wonderful place for exploring (in the winter :)) so having a 4WD truck isn’t a necessity, but it is nice.

I use dune buggy in a loose sense! But yes you are in some spot for it.. Not sure i'd appreciate the dust and sand personally, i'm definitely more of a mucker :pac:

Bing! Annnnnd Dave’s awake :D

Smurf, have to agree watching the day start is awesome. When I was travelling for work it was always something I enjoyed doing, having a coffee in the morning and just people watching. Mumbai was probably the most manic (and noisy).

How’s the back Grem?

Currently not too bad BatDave :)

I am also eagerly awaiting sunrise photos from you :)

Mumbai was probably the most manic (and noisy).

That is such a crazy party city, I went there for a wedding, don’t know how I survived :)

Another morning person here!!!
    Love sitting around drinking coffee watching the world wake up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Seems I had pneumonia, not covid..lucky me! :D
    Tried to go back to work yesterday...
    lasted the day and then just closed up and signed on for PUP... probably best all around as the bloody country is ravaged by covid at the moment

• Advertisement

That is such a crazy party city, I went there for a wedding, don’t know how I survived :)

I got that impression alright :D, wild for the shots and more shots and more shots of the hooch! Great place, I thought the people were so warm and kind. It’s funny, they were fascinated by my tattoos; you’d swear they’d never seen them before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Touch site looks weird this afternoon... hamsters having an off day I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Touch site looks weird this afternoon... hamsters having an off day I guess

Mine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Raining here all day so walk has been postponed. Hope all is ok with you :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Afternoon all :) Raining here all day so walk has been postponed. Hope all is ok with you :)

You’re not made of sugar, Auto! :pac: Get out there for a good stretch! It’s only water! :D

Thanks for the cookies warning Boards! Odd that took so long.

Workside, working.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement